UnderGround Forums

Japan UnderGround >> Daido juku?

3/26/04 5:13 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Matt Banks
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 26-Mar-04

Hi everyone, I have a few questions about Daido juku. Is there a grading system 'per say' in Daido juku, or do the top fighters in the major tournaments just wear black belts? Or is it a kyokushinkai grading? Can anyone give a link of the rules in english? I went onto the main website and the rules were not very detailed. I need to known: legal strike tecniques, time allowed on the ground etc etc. And finally, I live in england do you know of anyone who ships the Daido juku supersafe helmets to the UK? sorry for all the questions many thanks Matthew
3/27/04 6:04 AM
Paul Carroll
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 27-Mar-04
Yes Daido Juku has a grading system from 10kyu to 10th dan. Not 100% sure of the rules. But headbutts are allowed while standing, as are groin shots when their is a weight/height differnce (there is some formula they have). Ground is for approx. 30 secs, but there is no striking on the ground just simulated head shots. There may be a limit to the number of times you can take it to the ground as well ..2 or 3 maybe not very useful perhaps ..
3/27/04 1:04 PM
Matt Banks

Thanks for your reply Paul. Have any well known MMA fighters competed in this type of event?
3/27/04 1:09 PM
Matt Banks

Didnt Josh Barnett compete in Daido juku at some point? I remember he wore a black belt, what grade is he in Daido juku? Or do top fighters just wear black belts? many thanks
3/28/04 8:25 AM
Boruta

Edited: 28-Mar-04 08:20 AM
Yoshinori Nishi and Sem Schilt was copmpeting in Daido Juku.
3/28/04 11:50 AM
Matt Banks

Edited: 28-Mar-04
Hi Boruta, ''Yoshinori Nishi and Sem Schilt was copmpeting in Daido Juku.'' Your reply is greatly appreciated! Are either of those two graded in Daido juku. Will they wear black belts anyway? I know this seems like a pointless question,im just interested. many thanks Matthew
4/2/04 4:02 AM
Paul Carroll
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02-Apr-04
Yoshinori Nishi was definately Daido Juku guy, bt I'm unsure of his rank. Sem Schilt competed but is not ranked in Daido Juku. Andrew Roberts (something Roberts anyway) another Daido Juku champ (but not a Daido Juku student) fought and lost in Pancrase recently due to excessive blood flowing from his nose (caused in part by an illegal head butt). Hiroyuki Abe was also a Daido Juku student. Yamasaki who is one of the top Daido Juku guys and their newaza teacher, trains Kosen Judo ...
4/8/04 4:31 PM
Matt Banks

Edited: 08-Apr-04
Dear Paul Carroll, Thank you for your reply. This may sound like a stupid question: Did Sem Schilt or Andrew Roberts where black belts when they competed in Daido juku? Or did they where white belts. Just interested many thanks Matt
4/9/04 12:20 AM
Paul Carroll

Edited: 09-Apr-04
I believe they wore their black belts. Lot's of open full-contact events have practioners wearing their respective belt colours whether that be green, brown, black, etc The rules probably state, you must wear gi & belt. Style or rank is not important.
4/11/04 10:06 PM
Tball

Edited: 11-Apr-04
Matt, Sem Schilt is a Black Belt in a Karate style (Ashiwara or Kyokushin??)

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.