UnderGround Forums

Roy Harris >> roy stats

3/26/04 6:46 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
ikickedem
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 26-Mar-04

mr harris in your tapes you look like your a fairly big man. how tall are you and how much do you weight.
3/26/04 7:32 PM
m.g
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm sure Roy can answer this himself but I distinctly remember him saying he was 6'2" and currently weighs 240lbs.
3/26/04 7:59 PM
mentalmidget

holy shit!!
3/26/04 9:53 PM
Adam LaClair

ImposeYourWill.com

Actually, he is 2'6" and ways 42 pounds.  He just looks big on video. 

:-p

3/27/04 1:34 PM
m.g
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 27-Mar-04
In Roy's armlock vol 1 video he has some sparring footage of when he was a blue belt. Boy, he looked skinny. I'm talking wiry, like early UFC Royce Gracie wiry. He couldn't have been no more than about 175, 180. What I find interesting about Roy's physical make up is it is almost matches mine. I'm 34 now and I'm about 6'2 (more or less) and I weigh about 240. About ten years ago I was essentially the same size Roy was in that sparring footage. This is one reason why I like roy's fighting style.
3/29/04 5:43 PM
Roy Harris
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 29-Mar-04
Currently, I am a fat 240 lbs. My stomach is fat and my pocketbook is also fat. This is the result of sitting behind my desk and answering questions all day as well as teaching private lessons as much as I do. However, I am on my way back down to 220 lbs. ---- m.g., On arm locks one, I weighed 205 lbs. Yes, I was skinny. However, my body fat percentage was a single digit! I hope to get back to a single digit body fat some time next year. We'll see if I can do it! Roy :-p
3/29/04 7:57 PM
m.g

Roy, 220...hmmm...I'm not saying it can't be done...all things a possible as you probably already know...but it won't be easy. I think getting down to 220 will be much easier than getting to single digit body fat. To be honest I don't think getting to single digit body fat would be the most healthiest thing to do. What is you're body fat percentage now? Mine is about 10-13% which I'm told is good for my size, frame, and body weight. If yours is the same I would consider not trying to change it. Although you're 240 you don't look 240. Besides, you still got your David Justice look. Haile Berry would still think you're fine if she were to see you walking down the street or something. That in and of itself is something to be happy about.
3/29/04 9:01 PM
Roy Harris
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

m.g., While you and I may have similar frames, I am sure our metabolisms are quite different. It may not have been easy for you, but it was for me. You see, one of the things I was blessed and cursed with was an extremely fast metabolism. There have been numerous times in my past where I have lost seven to fifteen pounds in ten to fourteen days. While many will say that this is unhealthy, I have done it at least six or seven times in the past ten years. However, now that I am 42 years old, my metoblism is slowing down. I know I won't be able to lose that much weight in as little time as I did in the past, but I know once I set my mind to it and remain focused, it will come off fairly quickly. If I am able to stay focused, it will probably take me six to eight weeks to take it off (a far cry from ten to fourteen days). Regarding body fat, I am not sure about that one. Right now, I am having a problem NOT EATING lemon meringue pie! It's too bad I live so close to two Marie Calendars. Now, if I were able to hook up with Halle Berry and she thought I was FINE, well, that would be the hook up of the century ! ) Latah, Roy Harris
3/29/04 11:20 PM
Adam LaClair

ImposeYourWill.com

ttt for "Halle Harris"!!!!!

:-)

3/29/04 11:43 PM
demandango
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

roy, how much did you weigh vs jj machado? how much did he weigh?
3/30/04 12:15 AM
m.g

Edited: 30-Mar-04
Roy, Actually I have a fast metabolism too. For years my problem was I couldn't put on weigh and keep on. Life is so full of irony. The weight I am now I wish I was when I competed in full contact Karate. It would have made a big difference when I fought Pat Smith in the '93 Sabaki tournament. Aside from that I still, even at my current weight of 240, have that same wiry look when I was between 195 - 205, YUCK. I hate looking at myself on film or video of because I look so wiry and lanky. My legs, arms, and neck are long. My torso is short. My ass is high on my back. I'm knock kneed. And my feet are big. Plus my head is egg shaped. But I guess it could be worse. Better to have all that then nothing at all :) Anyway you know your body better and your limitations than I so I wish you the best in this endeavor. Please don't do anything drastic like liposuction or something. J/K

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.