UnderGround Forums

TMA UnderGround >> A Tempting Offer-Free TSD?

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

3/31/04 9:27 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
1groovyunit
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 31-Mar-04

Hey, just a quick question for you guys. I used to train in Goju and TKD, enjoyed it but like so many others I found a lot of it impractical due to the way it was trained. Anyway, I now attend a boxing gym in Trenton, and train about 3 times a week, on weekdays. There is a guy in there who is in his late 50's and is one of those old-school black belts (reputed to be a tough SOB) who runs a tang soo do school. They spar pretty heavy I understand, still do forms and I think they cross train in a little judo. The class is on saturdays and it wouldn't cost me anything. What do you think I could get out of this?
4/1/04 10:17 AM
tjmitch
425 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01-Apr-04
Free? And you have to ask? If nothing else you get some sparring partners out of it. Adn you just might learn something.
4/2/04 12:59 AM
theJJKid

Edited: 02-Apr-04
One of my Sensei's said: "You should train with as many different people as you can, you will always learn something". But then again another said: "You can get confused by mixing training techniques" He was using as an example the different kicking techniques of a purely MT fighter, and the differences for the shootfighting. My own opinion is go for it, and keep an open mind, don't discount things to early and don't accept things as gospel to easily.
4/2/04 10:18 AM
Willybone
611 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No contract, no tuition? Sounds like you can't lose.
4/2/04 6:12 PM
1groovyunit

Yeah he's reputed to be a real bad ass. You know one of those old salty blackbelts who has all kinds of fighting 'experience'. Interesting character too.

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.