UnderGround Forums

TravelGround >> Egypt - mini vacation

4/2/04 7:54 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
damion
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02-Apr-04

I was thinking about going to Egypt this summer for a few days. I don't want to stay very long..see the sights, eat food, talk to locals and split. Has anyone been? Any advice? Thanks
4/2/04 7:56 PM
HELWIG
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT Give the man some advice.
4/2/04 11:58 PM
lefonquey1

I'd love to go to Egypt... but only for a short time???? Where are you from?? Why not stay longer and go to Lebanon, Morocco or somewhere else?
4/29/04 7:14 PM
PrinceAlbert
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 29-Apr-04
not now if you are a white american.
5/4/04 9:14 PM
Scott Spain
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04-May-04
I'd be hesitant, if you're American. We're not their favorite country right now.
5/24/04 6:17 AM
savateur

Edited: 24-May-04
I've been in Egypt 7 times The Red Sea is simply the best place in the world if you like Scuba-diving, even if you don't like you can enjoy the Coral reef doing "snorkeling". It's really great, like swimming in a big Aquarium full of every kind of fishes. The most known place is Sharm el sheik, a bit too touristic, but still a great place if you avoid Naama Bay, try Shark Bay better sea, less tourist. Hurghada and Marsa Alam are good choice, but the sea is not as great as Sharm. If you are interested in History, i suggest you a cruise on the river Nile, you can visit all the historical sites, and you can fly to Il Cairo for a short visit. All in all the people is great with the tourists, their economy is based on tourism and you will find plenty of cops everywhere, so it's really safe. Obviously you can find someone who's a bit hostile with american people, but probably the only thing is that they won't smile at you. Really a great place and extremely cheap. If you want to know something more, just ask
9/8/04 1:00 PM
ABFproductions

Edited: 08-Sep-04
Cut Throat fight gear
try www.virtualtourist.com
10/7/04 1:50 PM
Thehandman

Edited: 07-Oct-04
I'll be there from Oct 28th -Nov 16th but I can't advise you until the 17th:)
11/18/05 12:28 PM
Brendasu

Edited: 18-Nov-05
It's the 18th!!! How was it?! Going in April ..
11/25/05 11:57 AM
oneonone

Edited: 25-Nov-05
i'm in egypt now. im backpacking and staying in super cheap hotels. people are very friendly but 99% are trying to hassle you to buy papyrus, felluca rides blah blah blah. if you like luxury, do a cruise down the nile. luxor, aswan and make sure it goes to abu simbel because its the best temple ive seen. if you like diving - well im in hurgada right now and it was good. not as good as the great barrier reef but still cool. tomorrow i leave for dahab because ie been told its not as full of european package tourists as hurghada and sharm. see how it goes. if you dont mind being hassled to buy shit on the street every 10 seconds, then backpacking is cheap and you can meet heaps of locals. otherwise, jump on a cruise and live it up. cheers, mike
1/23/06 7:09 AM
Aussie Gumby

Edited: 23-Jan-06
mike, so it's not greatly different to holidaying in Bali, Thailand, Vietnam etc???
1/30/06 6:48 PM
oneonone

Edited: 30-Jan-06
haven't been to bali, thailand, vietnam. but i guess so! the people have a good sense of humour about it so the selling isn't as annoying as it could be. dahab was great. the diving was sweet and there weren't as many fat russian package tourists. apparently dahab used to be a backpacker-hippy haven but its gone a bit more upmarket now. still cheap at 4-5 US dollars per night accom. happy that i saw egypt but its not really a place to go to party. i was glad when i hit dahab and found beer a plenty and a dodgy club with pissed tourist chicks. what a relief!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.