UnderGround Forums

Japan UnderGround >> japanese monster fans

4/2/04 10:17 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
zen writer
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02-Apr-04

've fallen way behind.... what are the monster recent monster flicks outof japan? I know gamera 3 was in '99; godzilla vs mechagodzilla in '02; mothera 2 way back when; and wasn;t there a korean monster flick in there somewhere?
4/5/04 10:27 AM
DUNK1
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 05-Apr-04
Zen Writer, Good to see another dai kaiju fan on here. Have you seen GMK: Godzilla, Mothra, King Gidorah - Giant All Out Monsters Attack (hahha yes, that is the name). It was fairly recent and directed by the guy who did the newer Gamera films. It is very good.. probably the best Godzilla film of the new series. Baragon makes an appearance and he rocks. Good source for Godzilla info is: http://clubtokyo.org/monsterzero/ There is some new crazy Thai movie coming out about a giant bird like monster. The Korean movie you refer to (Yongary 2000?) was remade a second time to add special effects. The first version (2000?) was released in North America on DVD....it had a cheesy rip off cover of the American Godzilla. Bottom line, find GMK if you havent seen it. DUNK1
4/5/04 8:23 PM
zen writer

yes...i saw it. it floored me. definitely one of the all time best. did you see mechagodzilla 3? i remember the original yongary as a kid..oh boy. dopey
4/5/04 10:26 PM
DUNK1
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nah havent seen mechagodzilla 3 yet.. had a chance to rent japanese version several times, but too lazy. Nothing beats Gamera IMO. Have you seen the Gamera 4 fan movie? Supposedly not bad.... Gamera and Gyos with fan made CGI etc. hahahah. DUNK1
4/5/04 11:09 PM
zen writer

how come htey never made a gamera 4? That always boggled my mind... Remember that failed fantasy trilogy toho was going to do..they did one movie and it tanked, but i thought it was great. can't remember the name
4/6/04 10:22 PM
DUNK1

Edited: 06-Apr-04
Not sure what the status is of the Gamera series. I think I know which Toho movie you are talking about (not the Orachi three headed dragon one or whatever).. it was good? i will have to check it out. DUNk1
4/7/04 7:08 AM
Ghidorah

Edited: 07-Apr-04
I agree GMK is fabulous. Here in the US you can get it almost everywhere, Best Buy carries it. Godzilla vs Megagiurus is another new one. From what I understand they are working on Final War a new Godzilla film with 10 other monsters. I guess it will be the modern equivelant of Destroy All Monsters. I can remember growing up as a kid and seeing Kaiju films on TV everyday after school. Do you guys remember the War of the Gargantua? It had a brown one and a green one?
4/7/04 9:42 AM
DUNK1

Edited: 07-Apr-04
Yeah war of the garguantuas was good... My favs are Gamera 2 and 3, G vs. Hedorah (aka Smog Monster), G vs. Ebriah (aka Sea Monster) and G vs. Megalon. Unfortunately most of the new G movies kinda suck, except for GMK and G vs. Destroyah DUNK1

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.