UnderGround Forums

Roy Harris >> Bent Arm Lock/Kimura question

4/4/04 11:35 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
C-Hamzeh
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04-Apr-04

Mr. Harris, A while back I attended a seminar in calgary of yours dedicated to the kimura. I've been able to apply much of what you taught that day, so first off, thanks! You mentioned that day something to the effect of the kimura is possible without full body control. Well, I have been seeing a trend as of late where the person being attacked with the kimura will reverse it to an armbar. This happened to me in my last mma fight as I went for a kimura from standing. I was able to get out of the armbar, but I remember thinking "ha, cool reversal!". Do you suggest any methods of preventing this, especially with the kimuras that are not from side control (i call them the 'sakuraba' ones). your input is appreciated. C
4/5/04 1:46 AM
Roy Harris
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 05-Apr-04
A lot depends on which way they enter into the arm lock. Are they spinning over your head or are they simply stepping over your head? Roy Harris
4/5/04 12:58 PM
C-Hamzeh
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 05-Apr-04
Hi, I've seen both variations, the one done on me was the step over I believe, still havent seen the video however. C

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.