UnderGround Forums

Japan UnderGround >> Coming to osaka in June

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

4/16/04 6:41 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
benway
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 16-Apr-04

Konichiwa! I will be heading to japan in mid june and will be staying in osaka. Is there anyone from mma.tv who is living there or has lived there? Although I am retired as a fighter, I would still like to find a place to train to meet some people and stay in shape. What type of of mma options are thre in osaka? Thanks, Barry
4/16/04 6:42 PM
benway

Edited: 16-Apr-04
Konichiwa! I will be heading to japan in mid june and will be staying in osaka. Is there anyone from mma.tv who is living there or has lived there? Although I am retired as a fighter, I would still like to find a place to train to meet some people and stay in shape. What type of of mma options are thre in osaka? Thanks, Barry
4/17/04 1:06 AM
lautaro

Edited: 17-Apr-04
I recently came back from spending a year in Osaka. I went there with grand dreams of training and fighting, but working 6 days a week and having a demanding Japanese girlfriend put an end to that :(. I trained only a bit, at a place called RyuSeiJuku. They offered muay thai and grappling. It's actually a chain of schools all over Japan. Another option would be Pancrase. I considered training there, but it was a bit out of my way. I think that place is probably better for mma, though it's also more expensive. There may be other places, but that's what I uncovered while I was there. Good luck! Lautaro
4/17/04 9:26 AM
WilsonJP

Edited: 17-Apr-04
Benway, You need to read this article http://www.ironlife.com/mag/issue3/japan.htm by Hody from PrideCast. He is has been living and doing Shooto training in Osaka for several years now. The link takes you to the first of a three-part series. Lots of good stuff in there. I'm sure he'd also be glad to give you direct advise if you write him. OsakaWilson

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.