UnderGround Forums

Japan UnderGround >> Coming to osaka in June

4/16/04 6:41 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
benway
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 16-Apr-04

Konichiwa! I will be heading to japan in mid june and will be staying in osaka. Is there anyone from mma.tv who is living there or has lived there? Although I am retired as a fighter, I would still like to find a place to train to meet some people and stay in shape. What type of of mma options are thre in osaka? Thanks, Barry
4/16/04 6:42 PM
benway

Edited: 16-Apr-04
Konichiwa! I will be heading to japan in mid june and will be staying in osaka. Is there anyone from mma.tv who is living there or has lived there? Although I am retired as a fighter, I would still like to find a place to train to meet some people and stay in shape. What type of of mma options are thre in osaka? Thanks, Barry
4/17/04 1:06 AM
lautaro

Edited: 17-Apr-04
I recently came back from spending a year in Osaka. I went there with grand dreams of training and fighting, but working 6 days a week and having a demanding Japanese girlfriend put an end to that :(. I trained only a bit, at a place called RyuSeiJuku. They offered muay thai and grappling. It's actually a chain of schools all over Japan. Another option would be Pancrase. I considered training there, but it was a bit out of my way. I think that place is probably better for mma, though it's also more expensive. There may be other places, but that's what I uncovered while I was there. Good luck! Lautaro
4/17/04 9:26 AM
WilsonJP

Edited: 17-Apr-04
Benway, You need to read this article http://www.ironlife.com/mag/issue3/japan.htm by Hody from PrideCast. He is has been living and doing Shooto training in Osaka for several years now. The link takes you to the first of a three-part series. Lots of good stuff in there. I'm sure he'd also be glad to give you direct advise if you write him. OsakaWilson

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.