UnderGround Forums

AcademicGround >> I need academic guidance

4/18/04 7:48 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
invalid
227 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 18-Apr-04

Ok, I've been studying russian here for the past year, and this summer i've been accepted into the study abroad program. it's good for 15 more credits, which is a enough of a jump to make me set on at least a minor

I've been in school for a while - I took a year off to live abroad, a few quarters of only 10 credits due to finances, and I transfered, so I feel like it has been forever. Getting out ASAP isn't sounding too bad.

So I found a way to limit my time when I get back from abroad this summer: an International Studies w/ Russian and Eastern Europeon focus and a minor in Russian. The two complement each other well and overlap in a lot of areas and with the few GECs I have left. That would leave only 10 more classes I need to take. Would this be a nice degree to market myself in comparison to a BA in Russian Linguistics?

4/21/04 5:38 AM
Dogbert
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 21-Apr-04
Don´t know about russian linguistics, but it is usally better to combine language skills with other skills. Cause russians are still better at speaking russian.
4/21/04 4:13 PM
hakujin
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 21-Apr-04
Where's your program? I was at Dalhousie and I was going to get sent over to St.Petersburg to do translation work, but ended up switching out of the program because of a falling out I had with one of my advisors.
4/22/04 10:35 AM
invalid
227 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 22-Apr-04
Tomsk State University - right smack in Siberia

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.