UnderGround Forums

Enson Inoue >> Enson a story for you...

4/23/04 11:50 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
spider guard
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 23-Apr-04

I thought you might find inspiration in this. This gentleman embodied a true samurai spirit in my opinion. Read the following: Pat Tillman, a former NFL player who swapped a glamorous football career to enlist in the U.S. Army, has been killed in action in Afghanistan, ABCNEWS has learned. The 27-year-old former football player was killed in direct action during a firefight in Afghanistan, Pentagon sources told ABCNEWS. But there were no further details available. A former member of the Arizona Cardinals, Tillman, along with his brother Kevin, enrolled with the U.S. Army Rangers after the Sept. 11, 2001, terror attacks. Last year, the brothers were awarded an Arthur Ashe Courage Award meant for individuals whose contributions transcend sports. The award was accepted by their younger brother, Richard, while the brothers were away. Tillman, an unrestricted free agent, spurned a $9 million, five-year offer sheet from the St. Louis Rams in 2001 to join the Army. The 5-foot-11, 200-pound Tillman was an exceptional student with a 3.84 grade point average through college and graduated summa cum laude with a degree in marketing. The Tillman family has been notified, according to a Pentagon source.
4/23/04 3:36 PM
BzGrappla
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 23-Apr-04 03:29 PM
yes he did, , Havin the privlage with weight Lifting with Pat Tillman with him for a couple weeks, I could honestly say he is the most bravest and courageous guys anyone met, Even though I was younger than he was he still treated me with respect and even spotted me a couple of sets. He walked away from the NFL which is rare for an athlete now days in a self centered world. He sacrficed for the greater good. Pat tillman You will Be missed but not forgotten. Pat tillman the true ULTIMATE FIGHTER I am proud to have met you and talked with you, You let seem cool to be the little guy and underdog from your little buddy u will be missed. Luke
4/23/04 6:11 PM
Enson1967
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 23-Apr-04
RIP.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.