UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Anyone Here Rolled With Ken?

12/10/10 12:20 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Hong Kong Phooey
871 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Holy History Batman
12/10/10 1:48 AM
Kevin O'Toole
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yep...rolled with Ken, and basically tied him into Christmas Bows, using Jew-Jitsu...
3/7/11 7:25 AM
Funaki Masakatsu #1
170 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt
3/7/11 7:30 AM
clarkkentblue

still like to see him vs tank
3/7/11 9:21 AM
MIKE CIESNOLEVICZ
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/07/11 9:25 AM
That dude was unreal strong back in the day..i was 20 years old at the time i rolled with Ken Shamrock. I got to roll with lots of the strong guys over the years..Dan Severn, Jeff Monson, Brock Lesnar, Matt Hughes. I dont know that anyone was as strong as Ken back in the day.
3/7/11 9:33 AM
DMC
37 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^ That's it confirmed for me.
3/7/11 10:48 AM
My2cents
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I worked on an MMA film called 'Champions' that Shamrock was in and I remember thinking 'Damn! His biceps are as big as my thigh!'. He was massive. Phone Post
3/7/11 11:42 AM
Localhero

I came up with the Lions Den. I was 19 the last time I trained with him ,but he was very very strong. He didnt have that jiu jitsu "pressure",but still very strong.
3/7/11 12:54 PM
Funaki Masakatsu #1
170 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MIKE CIESNOLEVICZ - That dude was unreal strong back in the day..i was 20 years old at the time i rolled with Ken Shamrock. I got to roll with lots of the strong guys over the years..Dan Severn, Jeff Monson, Brock Lesnar, Matt Hughes. I dont know that anyone was as strong as Ken back in the day.

great post, thanks mike
3/7/11 6:47 PM
Funaki Masakatsu #1

My2cents -  I worked on an MMA film called 'Champions' that Shamrock was in and I remember thinking 'Damn! His biceps are as big as my thigh!'. He was massive. Phone Post

5/17/11 3:03 AM
onepunchJD
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MIKE CIESNOLEVICZ - That dude was unreal strong back in the day..i was 20 years old at the time i rolled with Ken Shamrock. I got to roll with lots of the strong guys over the years..Dan Severn, Jeff Monson, Brock Lesnar, Matt Hughes. I dont know that anyone was as strong as Ken back in the day.

Now thats a source!

Thanks for confirming what I have heard repeatedly over the years.

Ken was a MONSTER back in the day!
5/17/11 4:28 AM
Teufel_Hunden
91 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sub
5/17/11 4:33 AM
krang

coool post
5/17/11 4:42 AM
FingerorMoon
88 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ken was stronger than Brock Lesnar?

Regardless of what people think of Brock's MMA skills, the dude is a shaved gorilla.
5/17/11 5:00 PM
Funaki Masakatsu #1

FingerorMoon - 

Ken was stronger than Brock Lesnar?

Regardless of what people think of Brock's MMA skills, the dude is a shaved gorilla.

Ken claims he benched 475 x 10 and maxed out at 605 lbs while weighing 230 lbs
12/2/11 10:33 PM
onepunchJD
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt

Some classic Harlan threads still going!
12/2/11 11:03 PM
HarlanEllison

This was a great thread back in its time because so many people who actually rolled with Ken spoke up and it turned out he really was one of the strongest and most skilled guys in his prime. Thanks for reviving an old school thread, dude.
12/2/11 11:04 PM
HarlanEllison

Great stuff, Ken was the Man!

From: MIKE CIESNOLEVICZ Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile
Posted: 3/7/11 9:21 AM
Edited: 03/07/11 9:25 AM
Ignore | Quote | Edit | Warn Admin | Vote Down | Vote Up | Delete Post

That dude was unreal strong back in the day..i was 20 years old at the time i rolled with Ken Shamrock. I got to roll with lots of the strong guys over the years..Dan Severn, Jeff Monson, Brock Lesnar, Matt Hughes. I dont know that anyone was as strong as Ken back in the day.
12/3/11 7:44 AM
King Ding A Ling
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Legendary Phone Post
12/3/11 11:15 AM
SKARHEAD
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HarlanEllison - Its hard to assess strength by comparing fights. "Transitivity" doesn't always hold, just like in fights, so if A beats B and B beat C then its not always true that A beats C. This is why people say "matchups make fights". For example Rickson looked much stronger than Funaki and Ken looked about the same strong as Funaki. Thus, if Ken is as strong as Coleman, Rickson is STRONGER than Coleman. This seems unlikely. Mat strength and matchup of techniques often makes one fighter appear stronger than another.

Well said....either that or RICKSON IS STRONGER THAN COLEMAN !! WHOA !

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.