UnderGround Forums

Chris Brennan >> Next Generation rolled thru GUAM

5/23/04 5:45 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
4guam
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 23-May-04

Next Generation came, pounded, and continued on again. Great having them here and hope to see them again... even if it's on the other promoter's event. We love having your club stop in. You guys are always welcomed to our rock. Good luck in your next stops (stomps), who ever that will be.
5/27/04 1:21 AM
WestsideStrangler
81 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 27-May-04
Not sure Rome likes us after Adam beat kato and we suposedly 4X4ed the rental. We will be back for PXC though...
5/27/04 3:09 AM
4guam

The people you have been dealing with are business people up front. Nothing wrong with that. Rome is a stand-up guy and very approachable as is most of the people bringing you out here. Rome is just someone off the street trying to make a dollar and his competition has many resources to pull from that he can't. I don't think he has any ill feelings towards Next Generation because of Kato's loss. Everyone there witness our adopted brother out skilled. Of course we hated to see it or admit it but Adam won that fight in 3 rounds. OT just secured his win. I could see you didn't feel an OT round was neccessary, in the contract or rules and I can see your angle on the issue. Adam is simply a qualified fighter and now one of my favorites. I'm sure Rome would entertain the idea of you guys fighting in his events again. I don't see him limiting his options. Would the other promoters like that though. They seem to be possessive and impossing limits on those they deal with. They're still friends of mine but I tend to lean towards the smaller (shorter) humble business man. He always shows his appreciation. Than again...I don't deal with them on the same level you and your camp does. Anyways, we (GUAM)love you guys coming out.
5/27/04 10:49 AM
WestsideStrangler
81 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I was told the other day that the reason there was an OT was because the athletic commission guy told the judges (who al 3 had Adam winning after 3) that the other fights had been boring all night so to let it go a 4th. Pretty fucked up but not Romes fault at all. Either way Ali is taking care of us and Rome has never tried to contact us again. We are not usually the onse going looking for fights by now. Hope he will give it a shot...
5/27/04 5:26 PM
4guam

Eli will take care of you guys, for sure. As for the athletic commissioner...well he's got everyone by the balls. Can't go on without him. He can afford to be an asshole and get away with it. Hopefully Rome will comeback from his personal loss soon and get back into promoting events locally. Just got to give him mourning time. I will definitely ask him to bring you guys back on his events. Peace Out Brutha!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.