UnderGround Forums

PhotoshopGround >> Couple questions

6/1/04 2:53 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Homercles
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01-Jun-04

Numero Uno - So say I grab a pic with someone holding up a sign and I only want to change a portion of the text on that sign. Is there a way to match the font other than being able to eyeball it and compare it to a similar font? Numero Dos - Take that same pic as above, but I want to cover all the text this time with the same color as the actual background of the sign. I was originally told to use the stamp tool to copy a small space right off of the text and then basically 'stamp' it over the text to remove the rest and then add my own text to it. Shit, I hope this makes sense, i'm tired as hell. Danke
6/1/04 11:45 AM
attjack

Edited: 01-Jun-04

Uno - I would put some text right on the sign, make the font a similar size and you can compare the fonts right next to each other. If have the text selected, and you put the cursor on the text pulldown that's visible, you can use the arrow keys to scroll through until you get a match.

Dos - You can select a large portion of the blank sign and go edit, define pattern. Then you can select everything you want blanked out and go edit fill > with pattern, select the pattern you defined and that will do it. There are a lot of ways to do this though.

6/3/04 2:43 PM
JimmyG
875 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03-Jun-04
In addition to attjack's advice on UNO, after you match the font, rt click on the text layer and rasterize it - it won't be as crisp. Then add noise and/or gaussian blur to make it look like its got "history" ie wear and tear, natural graininess of the photo etc.
6/12/04 2:07 AM
Homercles

Edited: 12-Jun-04
Thanks again for all the help guys, I am slowly but surely learning this shit :) And I do have another newbie question, hope ya don't mind. If I want to replace text from a picture (it's a maxim picture) I want to simply edit the text or just remove the text all together and replace it with my own. This has that kind of charcoal transparent box behind the text which is kinda fuckin me up as i'd like to keep that little box (her box as well). What do I need to do?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.