UnderGround Forums

TravelGround >> Where to go to get married at?

6/2/04 2:58 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Zoso
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02-Jun-04

I am getting married in 1 year. My girlfriend and I have decided to get married elsewhere as this post indicates. We definately want something that is all inclusive and were leaning towards one of the Sandals resorts. Possibly Ocho Rios, Montego Bay, or Antigua(my choice). I have been to Jamaica about 9 years ago and I would like to go somewhere else, but we are on a fairly limited budget. The whole trip can't cost more than say, $4,000. That includes airfare. So does anyone have an suggestions? We can fly out of Nashville, Memphis, or even Atlanta if it will drastically help out with the airfare. Thanks.
6/5/04 2:03 AM
LgFriess
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 05-Jun-04
Royal Hideaway, Playa Del Carmen. Tripadvisor.com Just got back. Saw a couple get married on the beach. Amazing. Best AI in the world. You're welcome =D
6/7/04 12:05 AM
Zoso
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 07-Jun-04
I checked it out. That looks great. Where did you fly into? Cancun? Playa Del Carmen(no idea if there is even an airport)? I emailed them to ask about the wedding packages. Thanks.
6/15/04 1:50 PM
UCLApimp
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 15-Jun-04
Costa Rica, that's all I got to say. Dirt cheap and the best scenery you will ever see. The only thing the country doesn't have is snow, the rest is all there.
6/18/04 9:17 PM
LgFriess
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 18-Jun-04
Just checked back to this thread Zoso...sorry. Okay, yeah, you fly into cancun airport. For your wedding, you might want to rent a limo to pick you up at the airport (Lomas Travel). I did it just for the hell of it and it only ran $160 to take us to the resort (40 minute drive out of the airport) and pick us up and take us back at the end of our stay. Just make sure you call to confirm a few days before you leave and a few days before your picked up... remind them you got the limo. And it's not a high class limo... but hey, it's better then being stuffed in a van with 8 other people and having to stop at every resort along the way to drop them all off. Ugh. Mind you, the RH isn't the place to go to party like a rock star. This place is DEAD past about 11pm ... but it's made for honeymooners and people looking to just chill. If you do want to get crazy, PDC is a 2 minute cab ride away ($4) and there is plenty of nightlife there. If you want a resort with tons of activities and organized drinking fun, look elsewhere. If you want to marry your wife in a great place, chill on the beach and pools, eat high class food, drink a bit, check out PDC here and there, maybe rent a car and drive south down the coast to the ruins... RH can't be beat... ANYWHERE in the Carribean for anything close to $4000. To find something better, you'd have to go non AI on Antigua, Anguila, Turks and Caicos (all may or may not be better anyway depending on where you stay) and be prepared to sign over the rights to your first born. Feel free to email me if you have questions. I just got back at the end of May. Going back this winter.
6/19/04 7:59 PM
Zoso

Edited: 19-Jun-04
I have been to Cozumel. I just noticed they are only like 10 miles apart. I loved it in Cozumel. We are not into drinking and having a crazy partying time at all. A few of our friends are going and each of our parents and sisters...that will be it. They can stay in Cozumel and everything will be swell. Basically we have it narrowed down to the Royal Hideaway and Sandals in Montego Bay(cheapness factor) and a distant 3rd Sandals in Antigua. We need to call and see what the wedding packages at the Royal Hideaway run. The price for the stay at the resort is fine. I am just worried how much the whole wedding package is gonna cost. Thanks though for the info. I may email you in a few days to ask a few questions.
8/3/04 4:00 PM
Zoso

Edited: 03-Aug-04
Ok I was just surfind around and saw this thread. We have actually decided on Sandals in Whitehouse Jamaica. The resort does not open until February and all stays are 1/2 off until December. So we are able to afford the penthouse honeymoon squite for what we would spend elsewhere, so that will be our location.
8/25/04 10:40 PM
Quadzilla7

Edited: 25-Aug-04
you will really enjoy Montego Bay Sandals. I was there last year with my girlfriend and had a blast. I was drunk everyday!! The food is great especially the Restaurant island where they serve Thai food.
3/9/05 11:20 AM
gaby

Edited: 09-Mar-05
have your girlfriend look on theknot.com - there's a whole board on destination weddings
3/28/05 4:50 PM
BUFFGEO
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 28-Mar-05

I just got married this July in Jamiaca... (right before all the hurricains) I have to say they did a great job. It was awsome

Jamaica Grande resort

4/11/05 2:48 PM
yarzy1

Edited: 11-Apr-05
I got married in Aruba in June. Best place I have ever been in my life. It was amazing.
5/3/05 10:54 AM
e. kaye

Edited: 03-May-05
Turtle Point, Caneel Bay, St. John, USVI

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.