UnderGround Forums

Team Quest Fight Club >> Post new questions for Dan here

6/10/02 9:38 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Dangerous Dan
111 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10-Jun-02

Please post your questions for me here, and it will be easier for me to reply faster. And I would also like to thank everyone in advance for your support of Team Quest. Thanks, Dan
6/10/02 9:47 PM
bradu
248 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Portraits by Brad Utterstrom
Dan, how often do you guys work on striking? It seems you are the only Team Quest guy with really dangerous standup striking...is that something you can help your teammates with, or is it more of a natural talent?
6/10/02 9:53 PM
NHBfan5
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Can you recommend any good teams in or around Sacramento, Ca or anywhere close?
6/10/02 9:54 PM
Dangerous Dan
111 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

All of us at Team Quest pretty much train the same way. In practice when we put on the big gloves I don't feel that dominate with the standup, I feel that I get beat up just as much as they do.
6/10/02 9:58 PM
Dangerous Dan

NHBfan5, I am not to familiar with the teams from that area. I train in southern CA, and Randy, Matt, and Evan are in Gresham, OR.
6/10/02 9:59 PM
bradu
248 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

But clearly in your MMA fights you are a much more successful striker. So even if you train the same way, when it comes down to actual fight time, it's not the same. Do you think it could be because you are a more aggressive standup striker? Not afraid to let your hands go, while most of the other guys try for the clinch first? I don't know if I've seen any of the other Team Quest guys really try to land any meaningful punches standing, it seems they use punching more as a diversion while you actually use it as a weapon.
6/10/02 9:59 PM
Timbo
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Any plans to fight in the US anytime soon?
6/10/02 10:00 PM
NHBfan5

Which discipline would you suggest that I focus on? "NHBfan5" Dan Sanchez
6/10/02 10:08 PM
Jump Kick
75 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dan, Thanks for coming on the forum. Who has been your toughest fight in the past few years, and is there anyone at your weight that you are not confident that you can beat? Who are the fighters that you want to fight (you's be happy to beat them, but not out of disrespect) Any general suggeations on beating a heavier opponant? Thanks again, JK
6/10/02 10:12 PM
sprhodes
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dan, I noticed in your last Pride fight, that you escape the mount position like it's nothing. Care to share any tips with us mere mortals, on how you got so good at escaping the mount?
6/10/02 10:16 PM
Dangerous Dan

Bradu, You are probably right. I have been thinking about changing my fight tactics, going back to controlling in the clinch a little more instead of trying to knock the guys head off so much.
6/10/02 10:18 PM
Dangerous Dan

Timbo I don't have any plans right now to fight in the US, unless pride comes here or the ufc makes me an offer a can't refuse
6/10/02 10:18 PM
bradu

I meant the opposite...I think the other guys could be a bit more aggressive like you are. For the most part your striking is quite effective...The only setback is that you leave yourself open to be taken down too often sometimes. But I certainly hope you don't take the big punches out of your arsenal.
6/10/02 10:21 PM
Dangerous Dan

NHBfan5, I would suggest you focus on your weekness. With that said I do believe Greco- Roman wresling is the best base to have.
6/10/02 10:24 PM
Timbo
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Do you spend a lot of time training on submissions? Or is your focus in training more submission avoidance and then knock 'em out?
6/10/02 10:29 PM
Dangerous Dan

JumpKick, My toughest fight was against Wanderlei. I am confident that I could beat anyone at my weight. I want to fight Sakuraba as well as Royce Gracie. For beating a heavier opponent: beat them in the clinch and don't get underneath them.
6/10/02 10:33 PM
Dangerous Dan

sphrodes, I am going to be filming a video series at the end of the month that will cover escaping the mount. It is hard to describe with words online. I still need a little work on the escape; I got stuck under Arona in the third round.
6/10/02 10:36 PM
Dangerous Dan

GreatCorholio I will check out the music you suggested, thanks.
6/10/02 10:37 PM
Dangerous Dan

Timbo, Yes I spend alot of time training on submissions as well as "knock 'em out" training.
6/10/02 10:39 PM
cwm191

Dan, first off, thanks for coming here to talk with us fans. You say you would like to fight Silva again. What would you try to do differently this time around? Thanks.
6/10/02 10:40 PM
Dangerous Dan

Hey All, It's time for me to go to practice now. I will try to answer more of your questions later tonight. Thanks again for your support!! Dan Henderson
6/10/02 11:22 PM
Antonelli

Dan, not a question here. Just wanted to say good luck in your fights. I love it when another wrestler kicks ass!
6/10/02 11:23 PM
jkddude

Dan- Who is the largest opponent you fought? The smallest? The toughest? and the easiest? Thanx! -Dan Moxley,aka jkddude
6/11/02 12:14 AM
RGJuJitsu
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11-Jun-02
Hello just wanted to say I like your fighting style and you kick ass! Also, do you ever train straight up jiu-jitsu?
6/11/02 12:21 AM
Timbo

Edited: 11-Jun-02
Any chance of you giving Abu Dhabi a try?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.