UnderGround Forums

Team Quest Fight Club >> Post new questions for Dan here

6/11/02 12:56 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Ariasg
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11-Jun-02
Dan..... U said in my other thread that you want to fight Sakuraba at the August 11th Pride but it looks like now that Frank Shamrock is in the hunt for Sak. Would you like to fight him again or has there been any negotiations with you and Pride for Sak? Thank you and god bless! Arias
6/11/02 12:57 AM
Chad Hamzeh
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hey Dan, First off I gotta say I love how you fight, never givin up! My question is, mentally, before a fight, what kind of state are you in. How do you stay focused. Completely emotionless? Thanks Chad
6/11/02 2:24 AM
Dangerous Dan
111 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GreatCornholio I always am an American first and try to represent my country well.
6/11/02 2:30 AM
Dangerous Dan
111 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Frankie Most of my boxing training is done in sparring. I improved so much once I started sparring. I also hit and kick a heavy bag or pads. I really don't have a boxing trainer, I have worked a little over the years with two or three different trainers.
6/11/02 2:31 AM
Dangerous Dan

Thanks Antonelli
6/11/02 2:39 AM
celtic
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dan: You've rolled with Tito right, how strong did he feel compared to Couture?
6/11/02 2:44 AM
Dangerous Dan

JKDdude, The biggest was either Babalu or Nogeira both were between 250 and 260 at the time. The smallest was Renzo The toughest was probably Silva The easiest was my first fight in rings against a Georgian Greco wrestler who weighed about 240
6/11/02 2:47 AM
Dangerous Dan

RGjujitsu Yes I train jui-jitsu
6/11/02 2:48 AM
Dangerous Dan

Timbo yes I would like to make it over there one of these years.
6/11/02 2:50 AM
Dangerous Dan

AriasG, I would fight either one of them.
6/11/02 2:55 AM
Dangerous Dan

Chad, I do get a little nervous, but mostly I try to stay relaxed as possible and think about my game plan.
6/11/02 2:58 AM
Dangerous Dan

celtic, Randy is a little bigger and stronger than Tito, and both of them are bigger and stronger than I am.
6/11/02 3:01 AM
QTyp
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How did you like fighting in Rings? Was it harder since you had to go through so many heavier fighters? Also, how do you fair against Evan when you go at it? I've always wanted to see you two fight, but now I can't.
6/11/02 3:28 AM
wreckker
73 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dan will you be training in Temecula Weds, Thursday or friday this week? If so what day and time could I come train with you guys?
6/11/02 3:29 AM
Dangerous Dan

Rings was fun, you could attempt more subs, since there was no striking to the face on the ground. Although fighting bigger guys wasn't all that fun. I have fun when Evan and I go at it. I don't think either one of us dominates the other.
6/11/02 3:38 AM
RobRPM2222

obviously, Team Quest is especially noted for it's clinchwork. what drills, exercises, etc. do you use to train clinchwork for MMA? What do you think are the most important things for someone to know about clinch range fighting? I have heard that the Straight Blast Gym and Team Quest work together often on fighting from the clinch, what do you feel you have learned/gained from SBG and what do you feel you have taught/shared with SBG? oh yeah, first post. :)
6/11/02 10:39 AM
Circus

Hi, Dan. How was Ninja? How do you predict Ninja vs Steibling ? I saw a picture where you and Steibling are training together. Would you fight him if you face him in the MW tornament or something ? Good luck ! You were cool when I saw you and talked to you in Goodridge's wedding party in Tokyo.
6/11/02 12:10 PM
Furacao
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hey Dan! It's Chris from PB Fight Center/Rodrigo Medeiros in San Diego. Just wanted to say thanks again for training with us and letting a few of us jiu jitsu guys train with you and Matt when he was down. We really enjoyed having you guys in and would love to have you back. Rodrigo said you talked about coming in last week but you never made it in. Hopefully you can swing by. Take care my friend! BTW - did Arona feel similar to Murillo Rupp on the ground since they are kind of cut from the same stone?
6/12/02 6:00 PM
iamdoomsday

Edited: 12-Jun-02
Dan! Awesome to have you guys posting here. You are easily one of my favorite fighters, I love your aggressive, technical style. Just wanted to say thanks for being such an exciting fighter. peace. = Dooms -
6/20/02 1:19 PM
cdawg

Edited: 20-Jun-02
Dan you are my favorite fighter, your will and determination make all of your fights exciting. WHat do you think of a Frank/Sak matchup?
6/21/02 2:00 AM
Dangerous Dan

Edited: 21-Jun-02
cdawg Thanks for the support. I think that Frank/Sak could be a good fight. But I doubt it will happen.
6/21/02 2:06 AM
Dangerous Dan

Zapp Brannigan Yes there are poeple like that in every sport. Great in practice, but for whatever reason do not perform to the best of their ability in competition.
6/21/02 8:11 AM
cdawg

If you had the chance to fight anybody, who would it be?
6/21/02 4:02 PM
Trackman 2
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dan, you and Randy are my 2 favorite fighters.I have seen all your fights.Who hits harder Yvel or Silva? Any chance of you fighting Bustamonte? Your one night victories over Yvel,Mino and Babalu has to rank w one of the greatest efforts of any NHB fighter.Keep up the good work and exciting fights.
6/21/02 10:33 PM
Dangerous Dan

Trackman 2 Silva hits harder

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.