UnderGround Forums

PhotoshopGround >> Photoshop acting wierd-HELP!

6/7/04 7:40 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
drew1220
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 07-Jun-04

Ok now i use Photoshop like everyday both at work and home but up until last week my Photoshop at home (Photoshop 7.0) Was working great but now all it does is open up the title screen it does it's loading brushes,fonts,swatches thing then it goes to intializing and then it just closes and never even opens up... I check my programs process manager and it showed that at that point photoshop would go from "Running" to "Not Responding " then it would close. So i tryed reinstalling photoshop 7.0 thinking maybe some files got corrupted but even when i reinstalled it still does the smae thing.. I dont get it i was just using Photoshop a week ago and now nothing.. HELP ANYONE, I need to be able to use this program in my line of work.. I'd appreciate the feedback.
6/9/04 5:56 PM
JimmyG
951 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09-Jun-04
This is a bug in PS. I had the same problem at work a year ago. I fixed it due to doing a search on my problem online, and it was common. Do a search on a question like "Photoshop 7 will not initialize" and you may get an answer. I can't remember exactly how I fixed it, but I think it was replacing a file in a PS directory. Try that search, and I will look too.
6/9/04 5:57 PM
JimmyG
951 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09-Jun-04
"If Photoshop is not loading then you should delete the preference file. It should be somewhere like this "C:\Documents and Settings\[User]\Application Data\Adobe\Photoshop\[Version Number]\Adobe Photoshop [Version] Settings.psp" Try that.
6/11/04 10:32 PM
drew1220
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11-Jun-04
DAMN thanks man, you the best.. Been trying to figure that out for a week.. You saved me, i wonder what happened though, the pref file went corrupt?? Anyhow thanks alot man
6/12/04 7:07 PM
JimmyG

Edited: 12-Jun-04
No problem man.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.