UnderGround Forums

Scott Sonnon >> agressivity problem?Boxing

6/12/02 6:48 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
NightShadow
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12-Jun-02 06:54 PM

Hi Sonnon!:-) Its my first time here..i think u can help me with your inteligent insights..this is what happend today...I started boxing 1 month ago(i did bodybuilding for a good amount of years but i am slow)today i did sparring with a protection on my head for the first time...when i saw the guy my agressivity decrease to zero...i coulnt deliver one intentional good punch to his face because i got frozen..dont know what happend,i dont want to hurt my face,maybe this is the reason why i dont want to hit him in the face(i eat good punches in the face,but couldnt do the same!)when i put him againts the ropes i delivered strong punches without any problem..whats going on with me?Have power and desire to hit in the abs,but no agressivity to hit him in the face? Its this normal? Another quest...i'm 1,82,85 kg i need to have more speed in my punches wich exercices i need to do in order to become faster? My question probably sounds stupid anyway i take my chance. thanks in advance
6/12/02 7:41 PM
Sonnon

Edited: 12-Jun-02
NS, I'll get to your post as soon as I can.
6/13/02 12:00 AM
Sonnon

Edited: 13-Jun-02 12:05 AM
NS, Let's take a look at your post. We always provide the answer to our own problems, we just needs to listen. Coaches intervene to help athletes look at their internal dialogue objectively... tree through the forest and such... "today i did sparring with a protection on my head for the first time" Appreciate your lack of familiarity with the equipment. Your first day at anything brings new sensations. Physiologically you must absorb and allocate these new sensations. New to any experience, we feel chaos, which affects us each in different ways. "when i saw the guy my agressivity decrease to zero..." At what were you looking when you felt this drain on your aggression, this "Vortex"? "i coulnt deliver one intentional good punch to his face because i got frozen..dont know what happend," We'll get to this. "i dont want to hurt my face,maybe this is the reason why i dont want to hit him in the face" Read that again; then come back. Maybe? Elaborate why you don't want to hurt your face. What about your face? Where? Have you had any traumatic experiences anchored to facial/cranial trauma? You do not need to answer this on the forum, but know that your specific REASON for facial "Fear-Reactivity" speaks to your issue. "(i eat good punches in the face,but couldnt do the same!)" Okay, so it's clear to you, from your own admission, that the FACT of facial impact does not stop you in the least, but the FEAR of facial impact inhibits you. "when i put him againts the ropes i delivered strong punches without any problem.. whats going on with me?" Step in my shoes. Imagine being this online forum coach and read the process we've undergone so far. Now, you craft an answer based on the above to this "Nightshadow". "Have power and desire to hit in the abs,but no agressivity to hit him in the face? Its this normal?" Normal? Yes. You'll find many people have this pattern of Fear-Reactivity. Answer the above questions, and I'm certain we'll be near to resolving the performance blockage. Get a copy of my FLOW STATE PERFORMANCE SPIRAL audio or video. It describes in detail what to do to stay out of the Vortex and get in the "Zone." "Another quest...i'm 1,82,85 kg i need to have more speed in my punches wich exercices i need to do in order to become faster?" Get FISTICUFFS the series (it includes FLOW STATE PERFORMANCE SPIRAL I suggested above). The exercises in PART I and the timing concepts in PART II increase your striking speed. http://www.RMAX.tv/fisticuffs.html Fraternal, Scott Sonnon
6/13/02 3:58 AM
NightShadow

Edited: 13-Jun-02
Thanks very much Sonnon!:-)
6/13/02 11:33 AM
Sonnon

Edited: 13-Jun-02
NBE, To include what?
6/13/02 1:35 PM
Sonnon

Edited: 13-Jun-02 01:39 PM
NBE, did you purchase and review FISTICUFFS yet?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.