UnderGround Forums

AcademicGround >> Liberal Arts a successfull major?

7/1/04 10:20 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
FrigginFerret
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02-Jul-04 01:09 AM

in yalls opinion is Liberal Arts a successfull stand alone major? im thinking about getting into it..maybe a minor in speech and comm. and a major in advertising/marketing/counseling or something along those lines do you think i would be successfull, or do you think id need to do something in Liberal Arts and then take more business related courses afterwards? i have no idea what to do and college is scaring hte hell out of me..so if this is a stupid question..im sorry... im just looking for a degree that deals with alot of bullshitting and talking to people - any ideas? edited to make it..easier to read
7/2/04 11:38 PM
FiatLux

Edited: 02-Jul-04
Liberal arts is just like general studies. If you're just smart enough to be in college but not smart enough to actually complete a major or finish upper level classes this is your only option. It certain isnt going to impress anyone or prepare you very well. Being successfull is a matter of applying yourself. There isnt a set forumula because different people want different things. Business calles are overrated in my opinion. If you dont already have a mind for business a few classes wont change that. Just learn how to communicate thats the only important thing.
7/8/04 10:58 AM
Yama-Arashi

Edited: 08-Jul-04
Liberal Arts is great if you go to a Liberal Arts college. There are very few that have that kind of Academic weight thought. Talking about Amherst, Williams, and Wesleyan type schools.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.