UnderGround Forums

Japan UnderGround >> Big MMA weekend in Japan

7/3/04 12:49 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
ResuTudo
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03-Jul-04

I am not too suprised that the main forum doesn't have much coverage but I thought it was kind of weird that is quiet here despite there being two big kakutougi shows this weeked in Japan. On the 3rd we have DEEP 15th Impact with AACC's Satoko Shinihashi fighting, as well as the DEEP Welterweight tournament. The self-prclaimed Princess (I think she is hot though; look at these pics and decide for yourself: http://www.globetown.net/~satokohime/gallery1/index.htm. Then again, I do like girls who can do sambo and have 6-packs), will face the relatively unknown (atleast to us outside of Korea, I think) Sim Souchong. However, anything can happen in the world of MMA. Will this be the end of the Princess' win streak? Also on the card is Takada Dojo's Yusuke Immamura, who faces former BattlArts pro-wrestler Takahiro "Anglo-Saxon Oba." The question that has to be asked is will Immamura continue his losing streak. Rumors, according to Puroresupower.com, are that Takada is really POed at him when he lost to Yasuhito Namekawa at DEEP 13th Impact. If he loses again, what will Takada do? Although the DEEP Welterweight tourney does not have as deep a talent pool as the UFC, ZST, or PRIDE tourneys, there will prolly be some intersting matchups. Competing in this tournament is Tetsuya Onose of STRAPPLE, a disciple of the Japanese Shootboxing legend Naoyuki Taira. Onose KOed Kazuki Okubo of U-Style Dojo at DEEP 13. RiRoots Conan (Kanehara and Ryo Shonan's gym) fighter, Seichi Ikemoto is in the tournament. He stopped Damien Riccio with punches in SHOOTO. Pancrase-ISM's rising star Kenji Arai is also in. Arai, is a fighter whom many on the Japan forum is talking about these days with his flashy style and exciting fights, which included nailing what was described as a Flying Knee transitioning into a Rear Naked Choke in one fight. The favorite of this tournament is SHOOTO top Welterweight contender, Shooting Gym Yokohama's Jutaro Nakao. Despite his last match being a lost to rising star Akira Kikuchi, the King of Triangle Chokes still is a top fighter with a 14-9-2 record, having fought some of the world's best such as Hayato Mach Sakurai and Sean Sherk. In fact, one of his biggest career victories comes from Triangle Choking Pat Miletich unconscious at SuperBrawl 11. Also in the tourney are: Pancrase's 5th ranked Welterweight, WJK GOD's Yuji Hoshino; PANCRASE's 7th ranked, MMA Dojo Dobuita's Hiroki Nagaoka; Kiyoshi Tamura's U-File camp's Daisuke Nakamura; and Shinya Aoki. Then on the 4th of July, ZST hosts BioHazard with the big singles match of Naoyuki Kotani of Rodeo Style and Mokevicius finally happening. ZST's biggest top local star vs the "gaijin" ace will pit these two in a "Vale Tudo" match. I think that means a regular PRIDE or UFC rules MMA match. Both Kotani and Morkevicius had near perfect records (with Mork not even having a blemish except in a tag team MMA match and Kotani only losing to Shishido in Shootboxing) until the ZST GP final round. The question now is who wants it more to reach the top again? What impact will this fight have on Kotani's entrance into his big tourney in New Jersey later this year with Miguel's Euphoria promotion? Also, Yujiro Kushida, Takada Dojo's 21-yr-old lightweight prospect, and Genesis tournament champion rematches with Musashi Muarayama Dojo's Takahiro Uchiyama, whom he defeated to win the tourney. Will things be different this time because both men will be fresh or will Kushida be Takada Dojo's next star? The RINGS rules (KOK?) will also be revived as P's Lab's Shinya Sato faces STAND's Hideo Tokoro. Tokoro has been on a hot winning streak the last year since leaving Kenichi Yamamoto's Power of Dream team. In the last year he has won every fight except his losses to the talented TAISHO and Morkevicius, whom he defeated in a rematch recently.
7/3/04 12:50 AM
ResuTudo

btw whats the difference between ZST, KOK, and Genesis rules?
7/3/04 11:05 PM
ResuTudo

results for the DEEP show: http://www.thefightgame.tv/Deep-15th-Impact-July-3-2004-Results.htm
7/4/04 12:14 AM
ResuTudo

Edited: 04-Jul-04
I wonder how much scolding Takada will inflict upon Immamura now that he has lost again.
7/4/04 12:00 PM
MasakatsuFunakiFan

ZST goes by the KOK rules also. The difference with Tokoro's match is he will be going old school KOK. Shin guards, open hand, rope breaks, 5 point scale. Where the "new" KOK rules (introduced in the RINGS KOK Tourney 99) you are allowed to go open hand or MMA gloves, there are no rope breaks, and the 5 point scale isnt used. But you still cant punch to the face while on the ground and knee pads are mandatory if you want to knee (along with elbow pads if you want to elbow). Genisis rules,I dont really know about.
7/4/04 12:35 PM
ResuTudo

http://www.mma.tv/TUF/index.cfm?ac=ListMessages&PID=1&TID=450998&FID=1&p=1 ZST results
7/4/04 12:38 PM
ResuTudo

So now Kotani can go into Miguel's Euphoria Mixfight Lightweight GP tourney with alot of momentum stemming from this win. Kushida is 5-0 now so that means Takada will either set him up against a Chute Boxe fighter or Cro Cop, or have him fighting other guys SAKU lost to in revenge matches, and hurt the poor kid in some form or another.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.