UnderGround Forums

Japan UnderGround >> WJK Network

7/4/04 11:05 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
ResuTudo
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04-Jul-04

Can someone explain to me if the Wajyutsu Kesyukai network is one gym with many affilates (ATT and BTT) or are they just have similar franchise names similar to PARAESTRA where different bracnhes can compete with one another?
7/6/04 12:12 AM
Gunjin EX

Edited: 06-Jul-04
It's WK/Network.It consists of RJW,Wajytsu Keishukai,A-3 Gym,WKSS,Toikatsu Dojo,Tiger Place,and some other minor branches like RJW G'2. I can't think of two guys from WK fighting each other,but I think it happened.
7/8/04 2:07 AM
ResuTudo

Edited: 08-Jul-04
Is GCM, an officially sanctioned W/K Network event? Hey alil ot Gunjin, but how about all the Zendokais? And has anyone figured out what Zendokai fight competitions are like yet?
7/8/04 11:20 AM
Gunjin EX

Edited: 08-Jul-04
I think Zendokai is just some karate off shoot.GCM is owned by some guy named Kubo,and he manages most of the fighters in the WK/Network I think.
5/4/06 11:02 AM
ResuTudo

Edited: 04-May-06
Is the founder, Yoshinori Nishi?
5/5/06 2:23 AM
Jaje

Edited: 05-May-06
Mr. Kubo is the C.E.O. of G-C-M (MARS, Demolition, D.O.G.) and WK.
5/5/06 10:07 AM
HungryTiger

Edited: 05-May-06
Nishi is the founder of Wajyutsu Kesyukai, he lives/teaches donw in Nagasaki, been to his place a couple of times... he fought Rob Kaman once (1st rd ko loss, he even mentions it in his meishi!), though his stand up sucks he's not bad in the ground. He was the first japanese to fight Rickson.
5/9/06 8:46 PM
ResuTudo

Edited: 09-May-06
Was he originally DaiDoJuku or Judo?
5/10/06 8:37 AM
HungryTiger

Edited: 10-May-06
Both actually... he was big shot judoka during high school, I believe he won the national championships or something big event like that. If am not mistaken he took up daidojuku later in life. I know he even went to England to train muay thai under Master Toddy (as did I, which really impressed him)...
5/11/06 11:59 PM
Issus

Edited: 11-May-06
I train at one of his (Nishi's) gyms. Don't do any of his style though. Nishi's a tough, tough dude and I respect him a lot. The shit he and his guys do at times is a little insane though... Like next month they're holding a Wajyutsu Kesyukai blackelt comp. Rules: No gloves, full contact MMA style with Gi. There's been knock outs in trainging and ain't no one allowing that from stopping them compete!!! Those guys are f-ing crazy LOL
8/29/07 12:03 PM
Kai Tremeche

Edited: 29-Aug-07
ttt
8/29/07 12:05 PM
Kai Tremeche

Issus: Did WK/Nishi organization put on the 'Japan All Combative Sport' competitions back aroind 1995-1997?
8/29/07 12:33 PM
YVES JOCKSTRAP
140 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I wish I saw Issus' post earlier... damn it Which school do you train at?
8/29/07 12:53 PM
ResuTudo

I think 93 to 94 atleast was ShinBuKan or SeishinKaikan
8/31/07 8:17 AM
Opash

Edited: 31-Aug-07
Hey HungryTiger are you still in Nagasaki? I would love to drop you an e-mail sometime if thats cool. From what I understand the Network operates in a few ways. There seem to be the main gyms which are all pretty tight, then there are others which are affiliated, but seem to do there own thing a bit more and then there are the personal off-shoots and projects started up by various pros which fall under the WK banner because they are under WK fighters. I am sure there is a method to the madness, but its not immediately clear. Whereas Nakai seems to appears to be a really laid-back character and easy going about schools becoming affiliates and using the Paraestra banner. Although even then, there seems to be certain nucleus of schools which are more closely linked to each other than the regular sattelites. (probably not unlike Barra or Alliance in the west) Fighters from different Paraestra schools face off against each other quite often in various events and promotions. I have also seen guys from different WK schools fight each other in amateur events, but can't recall seeing it at the higher levels.
8/31/07 12:21 PM
Issus

Edited: 31-Aug-07
Kai, to be honest I am not sure as to if they did or not.Unfortunately I am no longer living in Nagasaki so I am not able to ask them either. It wouldn't surprise me though. I trained at the Nagasaki gym, it is called Giraffe Gym. It's the main training gym in Nagaski, but not the actually HQ for Nag... You know how Japan can work. It was a fun place to train and if any of ye ever get the chance you should go there. The quality is not that high, but it's not bad. As far as I know WK fighters have fought each other. Just not from the same schools. For the local show that's held in Nag every few months I am certain half the fighters are WK guys. I think it can happen at Pro level too.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.