UnderGround Forums

AcademicGround >> Question on bio/pharmacy tech.....

7/8/04 9:05 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
amorphous
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 08-Jul-04

Are either of these good career choices as far as good job oppurtunities go? I know this sounds stupid but is there a job a can get with a masters or Ph.D in biochemistry with the F.B.I.? Or another government agency? I was thinking about being a medical examiner. I know the shit on C.S.I. isn't real. (I've never even watched the fucking show before) Thoughts or opinions? I'm just trying to think of some jobs that get decent pay and are somewhat interesting. I'm open to suggestions.
7/9/04 12:58 AM
asdf
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09-Jul-04
Biochem is a better job market than pure chem or physics, that's for sure. Try getting a job as an inorganic chemist or theoretical physicist. Plus, more women in bio/biochem than in physics.
7/10/04 3:28 PM
Buddhadev
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10-Jul-04 03:16 PM
I know next to nothing about gov't jobs, but law enforcement has been more in demand in recent years (esp since 9/11); probably would hold true for medical examiners as well. The pay won't be huge compared to the private sector, but they are more likely to be able to help you with student loans. Also good benefits/pension. Also there could be demand in law enforcement for biochem people in relation to threats of bioterrorism or chemical weapons terrorism. Again, I don't know much about it so you'll want to ask someone in the field. I'm a pharm tech right now in a retail pharmacy. Starting pay is typical retail level but gets a little better (though still rather low) as you spend more time in it. Should be possible to find a gov't job in it since at perhaps a hospital or something. You don't necessarily need to have a degree or a lot of education to get a job as a pharm tech.
7/11/04 8:37 PM
amorphous
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11-Jul-04
ttt

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.