UnderGround Forums

Japan UnderGround >> DE LA RIVA IN JAPAN...

7/9/04 4:15 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
bjjcarioca
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09-Jul-04

DEAR JAPANESES, DE LA RIVA LIKES TO DO SEMINAR IN JAPAN WITH HIS BJJ GUILHERME MAIA. WE NEED SPONSOR TO FIND THE CITY AND ACADEMY TO DO SEMINAR. CONTACT TO SEMINAR: guicarioca@uol.com.br THANKX FOR ALL RICARDO DE LA RIVA GUILHERME MAIA
9/18/04 4:37 AM
bjjfighter19

Edited: 18-Sep-04
TTT
11/23/04 12:39 AM
Jess

Edited: 23-Nov-04

Guilherme,

Jess here from the Open Door Academy in Oakland. When I was in Tokyo I trained at the Axis Jiu Jitsu Academy in Medai Mei, Tokyo. The instructor there, Taka, is just an amazingly cool guy and I know that they have seminars happening there all the time just because so many fighters come to that area for Pride. Taka himself is originally from Brazil and speaks both English and Japanese with a Brazilian accent (which is a bit bizarre until you get used to it...). I don't know if I still have the contact info for the school but I'll look or if anyone reading this DOES have it, perhaps they can post it here. I think the twins (JC & JP) take care of most of the e-mails and although thier English isn't so great (or at least wasnt a few years ago, that might have changed) but like Taka, both of them are originally from Brazil so you shouldn't have any problems. If there's anything I can do to help please let me know. Has Marcello sent you the article I wrote about De La Riva's seminar? If you think that you can use it to help publicize DLR's seminars in anyway, please feel free to do so. Good Luck!

Jess

www.opendoorbjj.com

11/23/04 9:38 PM
Evil Gaijin

Edited: 23-Nov-04
Yep, Taka's place would be perfect.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.