UnderGround Forums

Chris Brennan >> brennan videos.

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

7/10/04 9:10 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
ikickedem
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10-Jul-04

chris i know you have a set of videos/dvds with island martialarts. do you have any others out as well or coming out in the near future and ifso, what will they adress........
7/10/04 9:45 PM
WestsideStrangler
83 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10-Jul-04
I will be shooting more very soon. I need another Kimura DVD, I need one on escapes, Way more guard stuff, and some more guard passing as well. I am also going to cover a strength and conditioning DVD as well.
7/11/04 12:05 PM
ikickedem

Edited: 11-Jul-04
sound good i havent purchased your first tape series yet but i am planning on doing so soon, i think it will give me some good insight and new ideas, ive been grappling for 10 years and ive noticed a big change in jiu jitsu and sub grappling over the past several years, now everything is more methodical and each position is more in depth, some new ways of relearning the basics suchas the kimura will be nice......thanks for your response..
7/11/04 12:15 PM
WestsideStrangler
83 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No worries. Get the series out now because Island is about to raise the price soon. They are only 69.95 for 6 DVD's and that is a sick price. Like 11 bucks each or something.
7/11/04 12:27 PM
ikickedem

chris do you still train under anyone or are you pretty much self taught?
7/11/04 12:29 PM
WestsideStrangler

I have pretty much been self tought for the last 6 years but I learn constantly from my students and fight team. I will roll with outsiders when I can but it is tuff running 3 schools and fighting to find time to train somewhere else as well.
7/11/04 12:41 PM
ikickedem

Edited: 11-Jul-04 12:28 PM
i myself am currently self taught and learning from my partners although ive taken a few months off, i did have a grappling club but that fell through because of a falling out i had with my partner. I live in upstate ny ive trained under fabio clemente and renzo gracie a few times ive also attended a rigan machado seminar, but other than that my former instructor who is a 3rd degree bb in jjj, was my main learning source aside from instructional videos and my own innovations during rolling. i would of liked to be part or affiliated with a school but ive had alot of bad experinces, plus im not worried about rank anymore because i have a blackbelt in freestyle jiu jitsu, although a belt dose not matter because anyone can be beat on any given day, plus i mainly train without a gi so what good dose a belt do me...
9/12/04 12:24 AM
GesaGatame

Edited: 12-Sep-04 01:08 AM
does your kimura set cover "Sakuraba" style turtle or uno type stuff and what do u think of the turtle strategy also i was told the saku inst. wasnt very good
9/15/04 11:29 AM
WestsideStrangler

Edited: 15-Sep-04
I cover pretty much everything in the Kimura department and I am sorry the Saku DVD wasn't good....................but mine is :)

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.