UnderGround Forums

AcademicGround >> Michigan State University

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

7/18/04 8:53 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Slabby
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 18-Jul-04

can anybody tell me anything about it? More specifically, how's class size/availability? How are the dorms? I have absolutely no idea who my roommate is going to be, either. Fuck. Is MSU a good party school? etc etc...
7/20/04 8:27 PM
FiatLux

Edited: 20-Jul-04
Your going to have very large classes. I would guess up to maybe 200 for your core classes. Call your roommate if you can and setup some deal or system for bring using each others stuff is possible. MSU is a party school. They riot and do dumb shit just like most other state schools. Not a great choice in my opinion, but have fun.
7/21/04 12:59 PM
Trust
839 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 21-Jul-04
I attended MSU in the Fall of '82. Even then there were some subjects that they just had so many students in they didn't have normal classes. Chemistry was on audio tape. You could go and listen to the lectures and take exams at your discretion, within the time given. It sucked donkey balls. The chem lab teachers could barely speak English. I had advanced chem and organic chem in high school, and I couldn't follow what they were saying most of the time. Watch for class locations when you have two classes in a row. I had a class at the far east side of campus followed by a class on the far west side of campus. It was a bitch getting to the second class on time on foot, even with 20 minutes between classes. The campus is huge.
7/21/04 7:42 PM
FiatLux

Edited: 21-Jul-04
oh yeah I forgot to talk about two things: its a major trend in state colleges these days to hire people from outside the U.S. (who cant speak any English) to teach for very cheap. This is a major pain in the ass if your trying to learn something thats already hard. Expect to be walking across campus in the snow at some point. Chances are your walk could be upwards of a half hour if your not careful. Im sure i'll think of a few other things later.
9/19/04 11:31 PM
christo
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 19-Sep-04
Good party school indeed.
10/10/04 9:38 PM
StephenL

Edited: 10-Oct-04
i know a hot girl there whose mother found pix her dildoing her butthole. stephen
12/25/04 5:14 PM
Kyle Cooley
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 25-Dec-04
I'm a sophmore there, email me if you have any questions. cooleyky@msu.edu
2/3/05 12:33 AM
Atomic
120 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03-Feb-05
Got my masters from State...fun school.
4/8/05 6:53 AM
The Detriment

Edited: 08-Apr-05
I attended MSU from 99-03. Loved every second. Most of my teachers and professors were good, but the MSU undergrad math department is notorious for hiring foreign teachers with a slim grasp of English. For someone like me who sucked at math, it was very difficult. Other than that I really enjoyed my experience. True, I had some very large lecture classes, but I never felt like a "number" like some people might experience. Dorms were nice, for the most part. Get a loft, it'll help you maximize the space you have. If your roommate sucks, ask to switch rooms and you can move in with a new roommate. Luckily, unless you have the roommate from hell, it won't be too much of a problem.

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.