UnderGround Forums

TravelGround >> euro trip?

7/19/04 11:38 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
lionsdengrappler
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 19-Jul-04

can anyone point out a travel plan or package?
7/20/04 10:31 PM
CruJones
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 20-Jul-04
what do you want to see? you into history? you into partying? You like museums or big land marks like in Paris or Rome? you want warm weather or cold weather? do you surf the cold waters of France snowboard the Swiss Alps? just a little more info needed... also is this super budget?
7/26/04 11:17 PM
lionsdengrappler

Edited: 26-Jul-04
mostly northern europe, (amsterdam)is a must. pretty tight budget, maybe late fall.mostly to just roam around see the countrys.
8/4/04 8:13 PM
CruJones
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04-Aug-04
Getting into Europe is first and formost and flying to Paris or london will always be cheapest. Get a Eurorail pass and a cheap flight over there. Make sure you got some good walking shoes, a combination lock, list of hostels, a money belt and a decent backpack. Email me and I will be more than happy to help you out with questions about itineraries, countries, or whatever. I have backpacked Europe on the cheap 4 times now. I could give you a bunch of sample itineraries once I know how long you are gonna be there. To be cheap and travel you will need to rock hostels and have a “Eurorail Pass”. Europe is connected by a very efficient train system. A Eurorail Pass which isn’t cheap can be your best friend. If your in Paris and want to get to Amsterdam you hop on and in about 5 hours you should be stepping off accross from the Red Light District. The Passes can be bought in many different configurations to suit your trip. Good info about them found here (http://www.ricksteves.com/rail/home.htm). Amsterdam is cool and there are many hostels in the “Red Light” district. The most famous being The Flying Pig (http://www.flyingpig.nl). The place is a smokers paradise. People from all over the world lounging all over the place smoking hash and weed putting down some beers to crazy music. The hostel is a trip for sure. ....one thing; most people don’t realize when they get there... there is a shitload of other things to do other than spend all your cash in the coffee shops. The Van Gough museum is a 10 minutes trolly ride and Anne Franks house is a 15 minute walk from downtown. The cannal tours are cheap and a bad ass way to see the whole city. Also the flying Pig will ship you an hour out to the North Sea where the other Flying Pig Hostel is... it is more laid back out there and YES shit is still legal... its the Netherlands man... just email me and i will help you out. (agee@kendra.com)
9/23/04 12:40 AM
cali_grrl

Edited: 23-Sep-04
If you want to not think and have a FAB time on a budget...do a Contiki....www.contiki.com. That's what I did during one of my first Euro Adventures. I did the 49 day trip and it was SOOOO worth it, I can't begin to tell you. On future visits I winged it and ended up spending so much more money. If you decide to wing it, check out www.bugeurope.com. There are lots of reviews for every hostel in every city EVERYWHERE. And from my experience they are pretty accurate. I have lots of advice on where to go...just let us know what your into. :) Cali
9/24/04 10:54 PM
sanguine cynic

Edited: 24-Sep-04
I did a eurotrip this summer and I went to Amsterdam. I stayed at the Hostel Globe in the red light district. It was fantastic time.
9/25/04 1:50 AM
El Maquina

Edited: 25-Sep-04
49 day trip? Jesus C!
9/28/04 2:30 PM
cali_grrl

Edited: 28-Sep-04
El: It may seem like a long time but it FLEW by! One of the best trips EVA! :) Cali
1/25/05 11:19 AM
Memphis

Edited: 25-Jan-05
Copenhagen, Denmark is great!
2/7/05 6:16 AM
the venerable dr wu
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 07-Feb-05
Lions den, the information others have given is good, and it does depend on what you want out of it. I suggest Eastern Europe ie Czech republic, Hungary, Turkey etc. you will get good mileage out of your dollar and experience some the best Scenery/History/girls you can imagine. just an idea. dr wu
2/8/05 1:18 PM
HELWIG
129 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 08-Feb-05
Whatever you do, DO NOT take travel advice from tristar. The last guy he sent to Europe wound up having to crash land in Papua New Guinea and was sadly eaten by cannibalistic peoples.
2/10/05 2:02 AM
HELWIG
129 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10-Feb-05
I'd say tristar. Ohhhhhhhhhhhh...Im sorry I thought your thread said "Euro TRASH"
2/27/05 1:11 AM
Z
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 27-Feb-05
I wouldn't automatically get a eurorail pass. Sometimes it might actually be cheaper to fly, depending on where you are going to go and the season. For places I'd recommend to go see it'd be: France: Paris, Nice. Spain: Seville, Bracelona Italy: Rome, Cinque Terre Definitely go to Cinque Terre. I know it's not in northern Europe but it's definitely worth the trip down. And finally I've been to Copenhagen, but honestly, it was cold and felt like a US city with a european flavor.
3/27/05 2:26 AM
ironmongoose

Edited: 27-Mar-05
dr wu is correct. Eastern Europe is way cheaper to travel in. In Western Europe, Eurail is the way to go. In expensive countries like Norway buy groceries instead of eating out.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.