UnderGround Forums

AcademicGround >> Imp. of Gen.GRE re:science gradsch

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

7/24/04 9:23 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
limpjena
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 24-Jul-04

Hey guys, I'm excited, I'm a physics and math double major senior, international senior at a small liberal arts school. I'm going to go to grad school for optical engineering or optical physics and I just took my GRE, quant 800 (92 percentile) and verbal 750(99 percentile). I'm very happy, but how much does the GRE count for with regards to admission to an engineering/science grad school? I'd like some opinions on this. I'm taking the subject GRE in November which I believe counts for a ton more.? thanks Prakrit Jena
7/27/04 6:43 PM
Andrew Yao
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 27-Jul-04
It varies from school to school, so you can never say exactly. It also varies for the program within schools. Those scores are very good, so you're in a good position. Check out the thread "Grad school & GRE help " for more.
7/30/04 7:17 PM
asdf
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 30-Jul-04 07:38 PM
IN my former department, GRE's from overseas count for a lot less than they do from the USA. Fair or not, in that department, GRE's from overseas have a reputation for being braindumped, especially from China. As Andrew said, this can vary from school to school and department to department. But, those are some awesome scores.

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.