UnderGround Forums

AcademicGround >> Imp. of Gen.GRE re:science gradsch

7/24/04 9:23 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
limpjena
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 24-Jul-04

Hey guys, I'm excited, I'm a physics and math double major senior, international senior at a small liberal arts school. I'm going to go to grad school for optical engineering or optical physics and I just took my GRE, quant 800 (92 percentile) and verbal 750(99 percentile). I'm very happy, but how much does the GRE count for with regards to admission to an engineering/science grad school? I'd like some opinions on this. I'm taking the subject GRE in November which I believe counts for a ton more.? thanks Prakrit Jena
7/27/04 6:43 PM
Andrew Yao
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 27-Jul-04
It varies from school to school, so you can never say exactly. It also varies for the program within schools. Those scores are very good, so you're in a good position. Check out the thread "Grad school & GRE help " for more.
7/30/04 7:17 PM
asdf
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 30-Jul-04 07:38 PM
IN my former department, GRE's from overseas count for a lot less than they do from the USA. Fair or not, in that department, GRE's from overseas have a reputation for being braindumped, especially from China. As Andrew said, this can vary from school to school and department to department. But, those are some awesome scores.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.