UnderGround Forums

AcademicGround >> Got accepted into KU

7/28/04 12:33 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
qeySuS
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 28-Jul-04

Just got off the phone with them, got accepted into the physics department at Köbenhavns Unveristet (Copnehagen university). WIll be moving to Denmark in 10 days, not sure when the study starts but it´s soon after. This will be the first time i'll be studying anything that will require me to study extensively (so far just showing up for class and crunching before tests seems to do it). Any tips? :)
7/29/04 9:11 AM
gakami

Edited: 29-Jul-04
congrats man what's the degree exactly? why denmark? The only tips I can give you is to develop some study willpower. I work fulltime and study law part time. At one point I would leave work at 5-6pm, then go straight to the law library and sleep for 20mins in a cubicle in the library, then study right through to 11pm when the lib closes. I kept it up for a whole semester but have never been able to do it again. During that semester I didn't think twice about it because it was simply routine.
7/29/04 1:28 PM
qeySuS

Edited: 29-Jul-04
I'm going for B.Sc in physics. Going for denmark because i didn´t want to go to school here at home (Iceland) and being a part of the scandinavian society i can go to school for "free" in any scandinavian country and i speak danish so .. :) I'm hoping i'll have what it takes to study the long hours, aparently it´s about 20 hours a week in classes and i'm going to try and treat it as a job and do extra 20 hours a week of studying, i don´t have the greatest base for physics studies but hopefully i can cut it :)
7/29/04 1:28 PM
qeySuS

Edited: 29-Jul-04 01:19 PM
dbl post
7/30/04 5:44 AM
gakami

Edited: 30-Jul-04
I have friends who have studied physics and engineering at university level. They say that it's comparatively not as difficult in the sense that it's a matter of learning the set of formulae and then applying these formulae to problem solving. I did a biomedical science degree and their personal opinion is that it would be harder for them to study this because it involves rote memory of a large volume of information (eg drugs and drug names in pharmacology).
11/12/04 11:42 PM
MikeSwainFan

Edited: 12-Nov-04
judo-bjj-dvd.com
good luck

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.