UnderGround Forums

Hunting & Fishing Ground >> Fish Symbol Guy

7/30/04 10:34 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
TheBigLebowski
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 30-Jul-04

It appears from your pictures that you live in the Dunedin, CLearwater area. Is this correct ? If so, my parents have a house in Clearwater. I've tried, getting into Snook, and redfish there but never do. Only time I ever caught a Snook was when I hired a private guide to take me fishing in the everglades. I paid $500 for the day and caught snook all day long which were about 12- 16 inches. The highligh of my day was when I hooked a big jack, but he got off the line before i could even get him to the boat. Boy was I pissed. Are you in the clearwater dunedin area ?
7/30/04 3:04 PM
<:(((><
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

NO I live 2 hours south of there in Ft Myers. I'll be happy to take you out for free if you make the drive down. Went out this morning and got 8 redfish from 3-11lbs, 5 sharks from 3-8 feet and a 80lbs tarpon.
7/30/04 3:26 PM
TheBigLebowski

Wow, that's quite an offer and one I may take you up on in December if it's still available. Thank you that is very generous of you. I live on Long Island, and have been an avid fisherman I whole life. My parents have a townhouse on the gulf in the Dunedin Clearwater area, and they have a few kayaks. I always take one out and try my best to land a snook or redfish. But never have yet. Although I do catch a vast variety of other fish most of which i have no idea what they are. But I love getting out there and love that area. It is gorgeous and the fishing is unbeleiveable. Just this past December my girlfriend and I went fishing in the the Everglades National Park, what a beautiful place. I loved every minute of it although the fishing was not great. The guide was a nice guy, had a beautiful Dophin Flats Skiff, St. Croix rods, the whole 9. But he couldn't put us on any fish. It's strange although he had a lot of experience, I felt he wasn't a fisherman at heart. It may found stupid but I've run up against a lot of people and you can just tell when a guy is truly a fisherman and his heart is into it and he has the knack. This guy, he just didn't seem to have the "chi" if that makes it clearer. All day I was catching 12"- 15" baby snook. It was really disappinting after shelling out $500 bucks and travelling 5 hours to get there. He told me there were year round Tarpon there, but we never saw any, redfish, but we never saw any, and sharks, again never saw any. It was a great experience, and I get to the area at least twice a year primarlity for fishing. Thanks for the offer and I look forward to picking your brain before my next SW Florida fishing trip !!! I also enjoyed the many pictures you posted an look forward to posting some of my own soon.
7/30/04 6:40 PM
<:(((><
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Im not sure if Ill pass the "fisherman at heart" thing but I sure do it a lot. That time of year I only fish the gheenoe so mostly tailers. I couldnt find any reports from december basically cause I didnt get the gheenoe till then but I found this pic from Jan 17th. We got 6 reds that morning this 28"er 9 lber was the smallest. I mostly fish shrimp that time of year. Around here the water is very low then because of the eastern winds which blows the water out of the pineisland sound. So in places that are now 3 feet deep they will then be 6 inches which is perfect for the little boat.
7/31/04 3:40 PM
TheBigLebowski

Edited: 31-Jul-04
Just from the pictures I can tell your a fisherman at heart. You have the "eye of the tiger" for fishing, thats for sure. Im surprised you haven'turned your hobby into a career. This guy that took me out told me he does about 325 trips a year and that's with him turning many away, and his expense per trip is about $20. He gets $500 a trip. That = a lot of moulafor doing something you love.
8/26/04 10:33 PM
TheBigLebowski

Edited: 26-Aug-04
Made you laugh didn't it ? Besides, your an insurance salesman. That might be worse than being gay.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.