UnderGround Forums

Hunting & Fishing Ground >> Bassmaster Classic

7/31/04 12:12 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Jacob Lamb
123 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 31-Jul-04

Day 1 is in the books. Takahiro Omori is in first place with 16-02
Last year's champ, Mike Iaconelli was the only guy in the top 15 that didn't catch his five fish limit. Having the biggest bass of the day(7-04) though, puts him in second place with 15-15
7/31/04 12:22 AM
Jacob Lamb
123 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 31-Jul-04 12:11 AM
Click here for full results.
7/31/04 12:23 AM
Jacob Lamb

Who do you want to win? I want Denny Brauer to win. He's in 4th place after day one.
7/31/04 12:31 AM
Jacob Lamb

Lots of coverage on ESPN. Click here for times.
8/1/04 5:57 PM
<:(((><
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01-Aug-04
Iaconelli's Day Two catch disqualifed Fishing out of bounds eliminates reigning champ's one bass BASS Communications — July 31, 2004 2004 CITGO Bassmaster Classic Qualifiers Classic telecast schedule on ESPN/ESPN2 CHARLOTTE, N.C. — BASS tournament director Trip Weldon announced Saturday at the CITGO Bassmaster Classic presented by Busch Beer that Michael Iaconelli's catch for the day was disqualified after the defending champion fished in an off-limits area. Weldon said the New Jersey pro caught one bass from Lake Wylie on Saturday and would not add its weight to the 15 pounds, 15 ounces he caught on Friday. The following quotes were recorded during a brief news conference with Weldon during Saturday's weigh-in. "At the tournament briefing on Tuesday night, we handed the briefing sheet to the anglers and it says the bass live release area will be announced at the tournament briefing. I announced that it was from the far side of the boat ramp over to the riprap where it meets the lake under the bridge. Behind the no-wake buoy. "Mike called me today around 12:30 or so and asked me exactly where the off-limits was. I said, 'Mike, if you're looking at T Bones (Restaurant) and go over to the riprap out where it meets the lake, from there past the boat ramp behind the no-wake buoys is off-limits.' "I found out later that he went inside there and fished the docks, including the dock that goes parallel to the walkway to T Bones Restaurant, clearly behind the no-wake buoys, and I disqualified his catch for the day. "He did it after the phone call. Evidently he misunderstood me, but I think I was clear both in the briefing and also our phone conversation. Mike's a great champion … I hate it, but that's the way it goes."
8/1/04 11:45 PM
Jacob Lamb

Edited: 01-Aug-04
Omori wins.
8/3/04 8:50 PM
Jacob Lamb

Edited: 03-Aug-04
I think the winner gets $200,000 but they say you can make a million in the next couple years from endorsements.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.