UnderGround Forums

Hunting & Fishing Ground >> Today's Catch 8 .1.04

8/1/04 6:20 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Chris Palmquist
350 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01-Aug-04
MMA.TV

Got up at 4:30 today and headed to the Cape Cod Canal. Try'ed drifting chunking herring per advice of some locals fishing who had already got some blues. No luck. Hit a residents only spot near my uncles house. No luck except for some small scups. Best catch of the day was this baby sand shark:
8/1/04 6:45 PM
<:(((><
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Whats a scup? can you post a pic? Can you eat sand sharks? We had black tip last night and it was awesome!! We had a 8-9 foot bull shark take swipe at one of the small tarpon yesterday right at the boat. It was pretty tense when we were trying to revive that tarpon for a safe release.
8/1/04 9:19 PM
Chris Palmquist
350 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMA.TV
not sure what the real name is. we call them scups. don't get much bigger than a foot, but always stealing your sea worms when your fishing for flounder. I've never had sand shark, but I've been told it's good eating if you want to dull three filet knives trying to cut it up. Fish. Feel like packing up some of your catch and fedexing it up here :)
8/9/04 12:19 PM
Wildcard
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09-Aug-04
You should pick up global knives. Damn hard alloy, and you can always get em resharpened if you need. Global are probably the best knives for the buck right now.
8/12/04 6:16 PM
Chris Palmquist

Edited: 12-Aug-04
MMA.TV
wildcard, link?
8/12/04 6:17 PM
Chris Palmquist

Edited: 12-Aug-04
MMA.TV
hmm. i found a global filet knife, but I don't exactly have $112 to spend on a single knife.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.