UnderGround Forums

Hunting & Fishing Ground >> anyone into Slingshots?

8/14/04 1:54 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
JackFunk
129 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 14-Aug-04

The archery thread got me thinking about slingshots. I have always owned a Sanders Falcon, but am thinking about picking up a new one of these, http://www.slingshotworld.com/crosman_10990sling.htm I like to carry my slingshot with some steel and glass shot. Used to scare off black bears with rump shots up in Whistler when they strayed too close to the house. Sometimes I take out the odd rat. Good backup for paintball as well. I have wanted to try out an actual Sling though, they look cool but I could forsee flinging some rocks around before getting the hang of it. http://www.pipeline.com/~jburdine/index.html
8/15/04 11:21 AM
Bull_in_chinashop
87 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 15-Aug-04
cheap ammo: when I was a kid we'd walk along the railroad tracks and collect all the round pellets of iron ore and clay (they mix ore with clay in a giant tumbler to get them out of the mines) so the end result were these very smooth round iron balls. perfect for a slingshot!
8/16/04 7:22 PM
martinburke
145 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 16-Aug-04
I used to LOVE my wristrocket when I was a kid...all that lethality in an innocent package.:) I think most people would be surprised how accurate they can be with a little practice. On the other hand, a sling takes a LOT of practice, at least with me. I made one out of some nylon rope and the tongue of an old boot, and I was amazed at the distance I could get with it. It puts the slingshot to shame. But when I first started, accuracy was ... um...dodgy.:) It was just as likely to go behind me, or straight up, as it was in the direction I intended. So make sure you have PLENTY of room in ALL directions when you're starting out.
8/18/04 10:17 AM
jscorbett
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 18-Aug-04
That reads like a Dr. Evil laugh.
8/18/04 1:11 PM
Joe Lauzon
695 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 18-Aug-04
JoeLauzon.com
I had a great wrist rocket when I was like 14, and the best ammo ever: superballs. You remember those really bouncy balls... I would fire those in the house, I cant even tell you how many things I broke.
10/27/04 9:31 PM
Bull_in_chinashop
87 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 27-Oct-04
c'mon dennis the menace.. while hunting with one might be "cool" it's certainly not smart. the chances are pretty good that you would wound or injure instead of kill an animal worth hunting. unless your idea of hunting = cats, frogs & birds. etc..
2/17/05 2:33 PM
stomper
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 17-Feb-05
I AM, I HAVE 12 OF THEM...AND AM LOOKING TO BUY MORE.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.