Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 17-Aug-04 11:28 AM

Hi, just wondering if anyone has seen this tape. Any reviews? thanks
8/23/04 10:19 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
P

Edited: 23-Aug-04
Hi, This is the 'blurb' I wrote for the website. It will give you a basic idea of what's covered on the video. The video is digital camcorder footage as is most of the library. The focus has always been content over 'presentation' but the tape looks and sounds very good. Tony's been teaching this material for years but finally got around to putting it on video. I really enjoyed it, although I have to say of the three new videos the scenario/threat management video was phenomenal. Hope it helps. Any questions, feel free to ask. Phil INSIDE THE STREET CLINCH This video explores clinching with Primal, protective & tactical insights. It includes an in depth look at credible scenario based entries to the clinch, details on the common 'head & arm' clinch and a break down of the researched 'combat clinch' (a control position behind the opponent). The video also offers CWCT analysis and a section on tactically disengaging
9/30/04 11:39 PM
Vinyasa
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 30-Sep-04
Where can I order this video? It's not listed at www.tonyblauer.com under the video library. I tried to use the search function on the webiste but it gave me a 404 page not found error. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you in advance, Todd
10/4/04 2:59 AM
Sean Blair

Edited: 04-Oct-04
You can order the video by calling Tony's office toll free at 1-877-773-2748.
1/12/05 3:50 AM
melvinferd

Edited: 12-Jan-05
Hi Phil, thanks very much for the description on 'inside the street clinch'. I did read it a couple of months ago when you wrote it but am only finally getting around to think about ordering some titles. Another question, if thats ok. You wrote : "I have to say of the three new videos the scenario/threat management video was phenomenal" Could you please give a few more details. Is this mainly a street psychology tape? How is it different to "ABC's of Street Attacks"? thanks
1/12/05 7:55 AM
FullBlastJKD

Edited: 12-Jan-05
I second that, please give us some details/description of the new material! Stop holdiing out on us!!! LOL
1/17/05 3:33 PM
ironmongoose

Edited: 17-Jan-05
That doesn't sound like a psychology tape. It sounds pretty good. Is it quite new? Am also interested in hearing more.
1/18/05 11:26 PM
P

Edited: 18-Jan-05
Hi guys, Sorry, guys been PSYCHO busy! Here's the 'coles notes' on the video: SCENARIO AND ATTACK SPECIFIC THREAT MANAGEMENT For everyone who asked for an update on the classic ABC's video, this is it! Tony begins the session with a discussion of 'Sport Model' vs. 'Street Model' training and explains how misunderstandings in training from both 'camps' have impacted modern 'scenario training'. The video continues with an in depth look at the pivotal 'Emotional Climatization' drill; the common misconceptions, and the importance of the drill for total defense readiness. I don't know that I can get more detailed other than to say it's by far my favorite of the new tapes. Well worth adding to anyones library. Serious food for thought. Phil
1/19/05 1:35 PM
melvinferd

Edited: 19-Jan-05 01:37 PM
thanks phil, much appreciated Another couple of questions if thats alright. Whats the diference between the Range Rover drill and CWCT? Also, i believe there is a second range rover tape. Does that tape cover all of the range rover concepts? Its just that ive heard the picture and sound quality is better on the second tape. thanks very much
1/20/05 12:11 AM
P

Edited: 20-Jan-05
Melvin, The Range Rover is a drill. CWCT (Closest Weapon/ Closest Target) is a concept used extensively in Range Rover and throughout BTCMS for that matter. The Second Range Rover tape was shot live at the first summer camp at West Point. I actually did the camera work for it so I can tell you it was shot on mini DV and wirelessly miked. Tony has always been quality of info over quality of video but I dare say it looks and sounds pretty good :-) It is best used in combination with the original RR video as it contains alot of refinement and addresses some common challenges found in the drill. It also contains some footage of Tony and Sean Mulligan doing RR with weapons. I know it's part of BYOB 2 and may very well be in a new package as well if you're looking for some good combos. Hope that helps, P.
4/8/05 2:27 PM
melvinferd

Edited: 08-Apr-05
hi phil, thanks for all your help, i believe that tonys vid collection will be converted to dvd in a few weeks. I have just been looking at the website, thinking of adding a couple of titles to my order. Have you seen "SPEAR System: close quarter tools"? It mentions that it covers the close quarter form. I'm wondering if the spear concept is applied to the application of the form. Sorry if that sounds like a silly question (I'm sure my questions will become more interesting after I receive the dvds). Just that the spontaneous nature of the spear concept and the image of a "form" don't really go together. Any more information on this tape would be appreciated. thanks
4/8/05 11:30 PM
P

Edited: 08-Apr-05
If the tape is: "SPEAR System: An LEO Close Quarter Tool" Then that tape is for LEO and military only. The 'Close Quarter Form' video is a great companion to any tape in the library. Regarding the SPEAR/CQC Form 'paradox'; The 'form', at a base level, is a tool to develop mechanics and efficient movement as well as improve visulaization skills for solo training. Boxers shadow box for the same reasons. It's used to enhance Force-on-Force training, not replace it. On the video Tony demos both and shows how it translates to greater efficiency and effectiveness. Hope that Helps, Phil
4/9/05 4:59 PM
Tony Blauer

Edited: 09-Apr-05
Blauer Tactical Systems, Inc.
Thx Phil :-) Tony
5/3/05 8:40 AM
Neckcranku
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03-May-05 03:53 PM
ttt

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.