UnderGround Forums

Scott Sonnon >> Zdorovye breathing and KBs

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

6/19/02 9:39 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
PStuart
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 19-Jun-02

Scott, I recently purchased "Be Breathed" and was wondering how to apply the concepts in it to my KB exercises, particularly to the swings, snatches, and clean&jerks. Conventional weightlifting exercise technique is to breathe in and hold the breath for each lift. Olympic lifters will hold the breath for a snatch or C&J, with some releasing during the lift. Yet bending over before at the start of each snatch has the same natural "bellows" effect as the movements in BB. I tried a BB-like breathing pattern with the 16kg KB, but that weight is not that difficult for me. I'd appreciate some advice before I experiment with a new breathing pattern for the 24 kg KB. Since holding the breath in brief periods of exertion helps to stabilize the torso, I don't want to blow out my back trying something new. Fraternally, P Stuart
6/19/02 10:34 PM
Sonnon

Edited: 19-Jun-02 10:43 PM
P Stuart, Being your first post, welcome to the forum. Remember specificity. Fistly, BE BREATHED is a Bodyweight Exercise program. Furthermore, BE BREATHED is more of HIIT method demanding a Control Pause Breathing protocol. Follow a Paradoxical Breathing protocol for KB work. You can generate intra-abdominal and intra-thoracic pressure without generating intra-cerebral pressure. You'll need it for the 1.5 pood. Get Pavel Tsatsouline's RKC and Steve Maxwell's KB exercise program. Fraternal, Scott Sonnon
6/20/02 2:13 PM
socal

Edited: 20-Jun-02
Scott what is ment by "a HITT method demanding a Control Pause Breathing Control." Sorry I don't mean to sound sacastic but what does that mean in laymans terms? THanks Socal
6/20/02 3:21 PM
Sonnon

Socal, that'll take some defining. Give me till MON. I'm right in the middle of a filming project in Olympia.
6/20/02 3:42 PM
socal

no prob take your time, thx for the quick reply. BTW, it appears that I will be in Seattle Aug 4th or there abouts for a wedding. If all works out would love to hook up for a lesson.
6/20/02 4:22 PM
Sonnon

Edited: 20-Jun-02 04:22 PM
Socal, from last week of JUL to first week of SEP, I'm from Rhode Island to Florida for a host of projects and seminars.
6/20/02 5:06 PM
socal

next time.
6/24/02 9:20 PM
PStuart

Edited: 24-Jun-02
Thanks, Scott. I already have RKC book and tape, so I'm set for the moment. Next purchase will probably be something for the joints, e.g., WW or Pavel's Super Joints.

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.