UnderGround Forums

Scott Sonnon >> Zdorovye breathing and KBs

6/19/02 9:39 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
PStuart
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 19-Jun-02

Scott, I recently purchased "Be Breathed" and was wondering how to apply the concepts in it to my KB exercises, particularly to the swings, snatches, and clean&jerks. Conventional weightlifting exercise technique is to breathe in and hold the breath for each lift. Olympic lifters will hold the breath for a snatch or C&J, with some releasing during the lift. Yet bending over before at the start of each snatch has the same natural "bellows" effect as the movements in BB. I tried a BB-like breathing pattern with the 16kg KB, but that weight is not that difficult for me. I'd appreciate some advice before I experiment with a new breathing pattern for the 24 kg KB. Since holding the breath in brief periods of exertion helps to stabilize the torso, I don't want to blow out my back trying something new. Fraternally, P Stuart
6/19/02 10:34 PM
Sonnon

Edited: 19-Jun-02 10:43 PM
P Stuart, Being your first post, welcome to the forum. Remember specificity. Fistly, BE BREATHED is a Bodyweight Exercise program. Furthermore, BE BREATHED is more of HIIT method demanding a Control Pause Breathing protocol. Follow a Paradoxical Breathing protocol for KB work. You can generate intra-abdominal and intra-thoracic pressure without generating intra-cerebral pressure. You'll need it for the 1.5 pood. Get Pavel Tsatsouline's RKC and Steve Maxwell's KB exercise program. Fraternal, Scott Sonnon
6/20/02 2:13 PM
socal
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 20-Jun-02
Scott what is ment by "a HITT method demanding a Control Pause Breathing Control." Sorry I don't mean to sound sacastic but what does that mean in laymans terms? THanks Socal
6/20/02 3:21 PM
Sonnon

Socal, that'll take some defining. Give me till MON. I'm right in the middle of a filming project in Olympia.
6/20/02 3:42 PM
socal
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

no prob take your time, thx for the quick reply. BTW, it appears that I will be in Seattle Aug 4th or there abouts for a wedding. If all works out would love to hook up for a lesson.
6/20/02 4:22 PM
Sonnon

Edited: 20-Jun-02 04:22 PM
Socal, from last week of JUL to first week of SEP, I'm from Rhode Island to Florida for a host of projects and seminars.
6/20/02 5:06 PM
socal

next time.
6/24/02 9:20 PM
PStuart

Edited: 24-Jun-02
Thanks, Scott. I already have RKC book and tape, so I'm set for the moment. Next purchase will probably be something for the joints, e.g., WW or Pavel's Super Joints.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.