UnderGround Forums

Chris Brennan >> John DelaO

9/10/04 6:24 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
matbjj
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10-Sep-04

Hi Chris, I read a lot of criticism regarding the legitimacy of John DelaOs Black Belt on the Atama Forum. Since you received your Blk Belt from John, and I consider you a world class grappler, what are you thoughts on the legitimacy of John DelaO as a Black Belt. John was my first instructor in BJJ about 10 years ago when I first started college. I have great respect for him but since all these accusations about his legitimacy came about I wanted to get your opinion. Thanks, Mat
9/10/04 8:17 PM
howsyourhead
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10-Sep-04
Anyone who has rolled with Chris knows he is legit. Anyone who says otherwise is either lying or they just haven't rolled with him.
9/15/04 11:31 AM
WestsideStrangler
81 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 15-Sep-04
John is good. He has a real slow methodical style of "old school" Jiu-Jitsu. I think he suffered from not training with anyone higher than him where it didn't hurt me too bad. Sure I would have liked to have higher ranked guys to train with all the time but I was busy building an empire.
10/14/04 1:32 PM
MasterDebater

Edited: 14-Oct-04
Is this the same Delao who has fought in the Vancouver area?
10/14/04 2:16 PM
matbjj

Edited: 14-Oct-04
I believe John Delao has fought in the Vancouver area. He has mentioned that he used to fight in Canada.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.