UnderGround Forums

FilmmakerGround >> Should be part of On the Fridge

9/15/04 1:11 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
attjack
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 15-Sep-04

This place is cool but its post count is going nowhere. I guarantee it. Photoshopground, On The Fridge and this forum are all in the same category. I do a little of all that stuff. I suggest a merger; think of a new name, whatever, it doesn't matter. But to fragment all the art forums doesn't make sense.
9/15/04 1:55 AM
Lynn@Renzos

attjack...photoshop, fine art, etc. are different than filmmaking. There is plenty of room on mma.tv to have all three forums. I always find it interesting how people don't like change. Sometimes change is good. The forum is only one day old. Give it some time. If you look at the discussions on here so far, they are actually pretty solid and filled with information that is specific to it. I think that a merger would be a bad idea personally. They are dramatically different arts and the forum could get messy. Keeping this specific to issues concerning filmmaking etc. is what will make this forum grow.
9/15/04 9:44 PM
attjack

I completely understand your viewpoint. I'm glad there a place for you and people like you to post about what they do. I do think that filmmaking is still in the same genre though and given the low post counts on all of the art forums I think it still makes sense to put them together and have a more substantial forum devoted to the stuff we do. I also think there is more crossover than you think. Networking and the exchange of ideas would be better facilitated if we were all in one spot in my opinion.
9/16/04 1:21 AM
Lynn@Renzos

Edited: 16-Sep-04
Well that's the beauty of it. If you looked before, those making films never posted on the photoshop ground or the fridgeground. They posted on the OG and then the threads got eaten up by the reg stuff. Here it is easier to navigate the forum to look specifically at what people are talking about or doing. It has been up a couple of days and looks like it is starting to pick up. Give it a few weeks and watch what happens. I predict big things.
5/6/05 3:25 AM
attjack

Edited: 06-May-05
I think sub forum mergers shouldn't be taken off the table.
5/6/05 5:45 AM
Lynn@Renzos

They are two different foci. One is about the moving picture and one is the static. Photoshop is used in some film/video making work but it would be more of a sub topic of filmmaking. I think it's great to have 2 separate forums. It's not that big of a deal to have 2 different ones, is it?
5/6/05 3:23 PM
attjack

No not that big of a deal, but I think more creative minds would be viewing our threads if the three art forums merged. There would still be few enough threads that you wouldn't miss any posts. This post is from day one I believe and it's still here.
5/6/05 6:12 PM
Lynn@Renzos

Yeah...but each group has a different focus, so why not have 2 different groups. I like them separate, some may like them together. Different strokes for different folks.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.