UnderGround Forums

Enson Inoue >> ATT:JCJ

9/20/04 10:36 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Jay-dog
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 20-Sep-04

I was reading in some of your posts about you traveling.What do you do for a living?
9/20/04 11:47 PM
JCJ

Edited: 20-Sep-04 11:38 PM
previously engineering and now operations management for an automtive company.
9/21/04 2:36 AM
Jay-dog

Edited: 21-Sep-04
In your travels have you learned of any work abroad or study abroad programs in Japan who might be interested in ex-military?
9/23/04 2:15 AM
JCJ

Edited: 23-Sep-04
Jay-dog This is just what I know, so dont take this advice as 100% -- because I'm sure there are others with more info out there. But from my experience, it seems like for a lot of work or study abroad programs in Japan you need a college and/or university degree. Helps to get the VISA. Probably the most common job is teaching english, which if done privately pays pretty well (according to friends that have done it). Anyways, I read in your other thread that you specialized in communications in the military. I'd recommend you follow that up and look for opportunities with that and/or consider continued schooling. However, ultimately you have to do what your heart tells you. If you're going to be a pro-fighter, then do that seriously. If you're looking for a career and want to still train m.arts, then focus on that. To be successful in any endeavour in life is about being focused, being self-disciplined, and following your dreams and heart man .... And the best person that can decide that for you is yourself. Take the best of what you learned in the military and apply it to your life. Best of luck bro.
9/23/04 6:56 PM
Jay-dog

Edited: 23-Sep-04
I more than appreciate the heart felt response JCJ.You don't get that often on here.I have looked into the teaching thing some,my wife is actually going to pursue that because she has more qualifications in that area.I most likely will start school and look for a study abroad program with the school just to soak up the culture of Japan.I will stay focused and figure out a balance between career,martial arts and family.Again Thanks!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.