UnderGround Forums

AcademicGround >> Which Law Schools can I get into?

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

9/28/04 7:21 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
feritas
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 28-Sep-04

I was set to graduate in the fall with a Degree in History after only 3 1/2 years in college and will have made the Dean's honor list 6 out of 7 semesters. I come from a single parent home that is borderline poverty. I have gotten my way through school due to Scholarships and Loans. I am Half/Asian. I've been a member of the mock trial team and the school newspaper. Before this past summer my GPA was a 3.35. This after I had failed a college course during my senior year in high school. Unfortunatly I've been working in a night club as a bouncer to support myself through school; and this summer the late hours caught up with me and I failed my logic class twice. The failing grades dropped my GPA to a 3.129. I was on track to graduate with honors with around a 3.5. but there is nothing that can be done about that now. I calculate that if I make the dean's list this next semester it should pull me to a 3.2 I take the LSAT in December. If Iam able to pull of a 160+ score what Law schools do I have a legit shot at getting into? I've looked at the avgs for some law schools but want to know realistic what my options are. The schools I was looking at before things went to hell were: Miami College of Law Florida State UNC- Chapell Hill Syracuse any advice would be greatly apperciated.
10/3/04 3:05 AM
FiatLux
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03-Oct-04
Depends what else you have done outside of class and if you can pull a 160. I would say you should take your LSAT asap so you could maybe take them twice if you need to improve your scores. I have a friend who took his LSAT today actually who has a 3.85 and is like unsure if he will get into any top 25 school regardless of his scores. Chances are you could get maybe somewhere top 100 but with just over a 3.1 your going to have thousands and thousands of people ahead of you sadly enough.
11/12/04 11:41 PM
MikeSwainFan

Edited: 12-Nov-04
judo-bjj-dvd.com
score high enough on the LSAT and your gpa is fine, but 160 won't cut it if you want a top-tier school
12/24/04 5:16 PM
Xtina

Edited: 24-Dec-04
lsac.org has a list of law schools, and shows the LSAT and GPA of the 25th and 75th percentile admits. You can check yourself against those scores to see where you have a good chance of beind admitted.

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.