UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Would you fight Skip Hall?

5/23/11 8:43 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
jaseprobst
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I wouldn't fight any dude that could bench 405.
5/24/11 7:28 AM
RavenFighter
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

jaseprobst - I wouldn't fight any dude that could bench 405.

You wouldn't fight anyone, Probst.  There's nothing wrong with that, but just admit it.
5/24/11 7:44 AM
breakit

Saw this thread, and I thought "didn't he retire?"

He's a liar?  That's the first negative thing I've heard about him.
5/24/11 7:57 AM
breakit

Daniel Carver - 
breakit -  Saw this thread, and I thought "didn't he retire?"

He's a liar?  That's the first negative thing I've heard about him.

Check out his website.  He makes a lot of bullshit claims about being a Special Forces badass in both Korea and Vietnam.  His military occupation was "clerk typist."  He's also offereing some type of Gracie certification on his website, claiming to be an "MMA pioneer and champion."
Ah, gotcha.  I guess I missed all of that.

5/27/11 7:41 PM
RavenFighter

Wait, is this turning into one of those "FAKERS" threads? 
5/27/11 9:47 PM
mr nemo

Nope,he'd wipe the floor with me. I miss lawdymama, a fine UG member.
5/28/11 2:37 PM
RavenFighter

mr nemo - Nope,he'd wipe the floor with me. I miss lawdymama, a fine UG member.

His retirement fight against Kelly Rundle makes me think that you'd actually stand a very good chance.  Then again, I have no idea who you are.  But that Rundle fight was a big-time off-night for Skip.
5/30/11 7:42 AM
RavenFighter

Holy shit!  You're not joking.

Security Expert’s SF Record Questioned

Skip Hall

Jess "Skip" Hall, founder of a Birmingham, Ala.-based security and training company called "Hollow Point," doesn't mince words about wanna-bes who pretend to be more than they are. He uses the language of a former Green Beret and Vietnam combat veteran.

"There are many fakes and so-called experts in everything today," he says in the opening page to his blog, "starting [with] the individual in the White House."

On his website, Hall lists a number of qualifications and experiences beneath his photo, including "5th SF SOG A Team Leader, Vietnam." Another page includes an image of an "unofficial" 5th SOG patch from Vietnam -- a skull wearing a Green Beret -- and beneath it reads: "Skip Hall's Unit Patch."

But there's a problem with Hall's apparent outrage over phonies: He might be one too. 
5/30/11 7:43 AM
RavenFighter

"He was a clerk typist and he spent all his time in Korea," said Jeff "JD" Hinton, who routinely ferrets out and exposes phony war heroes on his website, ProfessionalSoldiers.com. "He never went to Vietnam."

Hall's military records, copies of which he provided to Military.com, show he was initially trained as a repairman for crypto equipment at Fort Monmouth, N.J., in 1966. Some months later, he was reassigned to Fort Dix, N.J., and trained as a clerk typist.

Hall did not respond to Military.com's requests for an interview or comment. As of late Monday afternoon, his blog page and the Hollow Point website were down. A message on the Hollow Point page stated it was removed because information had been added to the site without Hall's approval.

"We express our appoligies [sic] for any misinformation this may have caused. Mr. Hall does not represent anyone in the military and makes no representation that he was previously affiliated or part of the U.S. Army, Special Forces or any other organization or agency."

In addition to Vietnam and Korea, Hall also claims to have served in the Middle East, to have worked as a Defense Department contractor, and that -- at 63 -- he was the world's oldest Mixed Martial Arts fighter.

And he was the oldest fighter until 71-year-old Dr. John J. "Gray Wolf" Williams came on the scene a few years ago.

At the time Hall retired from mixed martial arts in March 2008, he was profiled by NBC Sports writer Mike Chiappetta who mentioned Hall's combat experience. It was that article that put Hinton on the hunt for Hall's official records.

"One of our own [veterans] found him, actually found the article from MSNBC, and that started the ball rolling," Hinton said. "We've been looking into his past and did the FOIA [Freedom of Information Act request] and it came back with 'Clerk Typist' " for his Army job.

Hinton offers no opinion on any of the other achievements that Hall claims; he only cares about is Hall's claims regarding the Special Forces and combat in Vietnam.

Hinton, who retired from Army Special Forces as a master sergeant, uses official sources and personal connections in the Special Forces community to uncover phonies. Late last year, he exposed William G. Hillar, an instructor at the Monterey Institute of International Studies and widely known expert in human trafficking, as a fraud. Hillar had claimed to be a retired Army Special Forces colonel.

Hillar pleaded guilty in March to a charge of lying about his military background and experience on his application for work at the University of Oregon. He could get 20 years in jail when he returns to court for sentencing in July.

5/30/11 8:55 AM
RavenFighter

Daniel Carver -  I love the "hackers did it" excuses.  It seems to be the "go-to" excuse for fraud in the MMA community.

I just wish I had saved some of the bullshit from that site of his.  It was alarmingly bold, the claims he made.
5/30/11 10:20 AM
bignightmare
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I didnt even remember writing this thread.

Marketing taken too far imo.

BTW- funny thing is that after a few more years....I have no problem smashing my elders.
5/30/11 10:27 AM
Whambo
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sure, I'd beat that old clerk down.
5/30/11 10:35 AM
Fake Rassler

HACKERS HACKED MY SITE AND DID IT
5/30/11 11:47 AM
fightsfan
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Because of the human interest part of him being the oldes MMA fighter this story could very well go National.

CNN ? Nancy Grace ? Geraldo?

He didnt do huge profits from the ruse or garner employment due to the fib though, so might fly under the radar.
5/30/11 11:53 AM
FCFBlazer

Ttt Phone Post
5/30/11 12:01 PM
Stranglehold26
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Skip Hall is a joke. He used those lies for years to convince kids in the Bham area that his "MMA team" was the best around. He would routinely visit schools in the area and tell his military stories and make shit up about his fighting career.

He also used to claim a BB in BJJ before anyone was out there checking that stuff. The guy can barely walk...and I was cageside for his "fight" against Kelly Rundle.

It was a disgusting display of "MMA" and the only merciful thing about it was that Kelly was obviously a friend of Skip's and was taking it very easy on him.

They also announced at the beginning of the match that it was "standup only" not MMA...this was due to the fact that the "Physical specimen" you were all referring to, has such a bad back he couldn't even roll.

Glad to see that others are now realizing the guy is a 100% fraud. Once a couple of other legit MMA schools popped up in Birmingham, Skip's gym began to suffer and his "Dixie Throwdown" MMA events became fairly obsolete....but not before he featured the Grandmaster himself Mark Bailey at one of his events.

In a fight that was available on youtube a while back, Bailey participated in a clearly "worked" "fight", where he "won" by a headlock that was not even around the guy's neck.

Skip and Lawdy would also routinely have fighters back out, and would then go to the locker room of kids who had just fought, and have them get in the ring to fight again...when this didn't work, at least once they got some drunk guy out of the stands to fight someone.

They are both a disgrace to MMA, and not pioneers. Skip fading into the horizon was the best thing to happen to mma in Birmingham in years.
5/30/11 12:37 PM
Stranglehold26
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT
5/30/11 2:04 PM
RavenFighter

That's terrible, Stranglehold.
5/30/11 2:23 PM
williepep
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

As mentioned on the "Skip Hall exposed as fake combat veteran and fraud" thread:

10 or 11 years ago Skip told a pal during a phone call that he had was a Rickson blackbelt, and that he trained with Rickson in Brazil so he learned "real BJJ" as opposed to what is taught in the states.
5/30/11 3:09 PM
Stranglehold26

Yeah, he claimed the Rickson black belt until some real BJJ guys showed up in Bham. Then he shut his trap about it real quick like.
5/30/11 3:09 PM
Stranglehold26

RavenFighter - That's terrible, Stranglehold.

What? that this fraud was allowed to steal people's money for so long? I completely agree.
5/30/11 3:52 PM
Lord Kancho
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

williepep - As mentioned on the "Skip Hall exposed as fake combat veteran and fraud" thread:

10 or 11 years ago Skip told a pal during a phone call that he had was a Rickson blackbelt, and that he trained with Rickson in Brazil so he learned "real BJJ" as opposed to what is taught in the states.

can you link to that thread?
5/30/11 4:09 PM
RavenFighter

5/30/11 4:24 PM
Stranglehold26

back to the original topic of this thread.

yes, yes I would. I would beat the fuck of that old fraud.
5/30/11 5:43 PM
jimmy23
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

shame.....

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.