UnderGround Forums

TMA UnderGround >> What TMA would you choose?

10/20/04 5:59 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
beernight
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 20-Oct-04
I really do think it depends where you do and how YOU want to train. I do know schools which don't really spar and I know some where the students are bad ass fighters!
10/21/04 2:25 AM
theJJKid
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 21-Oct-04
Someone mentioned Judo because of the throws. You have the ground, you have the kickboxing skills. So there is the inbetween. I would add Japanese Ju Jitsu as a nice complimentary art (or Judo) but what I like about JJJ is that it is very encompassing. It may lack sparring but you have a lot of that covered.
10/21/04 11:21 AM
Willybone
376 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 21-Oct-04
It may lack sparring but you have a lot of that covered.
I've seen some JJJ competitions that were a lot like MMA, only with restrictions on when and where you could strike. It was a mix of standup and groundwork, and looked very interesting. I'm sure that many MMA artists would find it a bit too restrictive, but it is a few steps closer to MMA than any other TMA type sparring I've seen. Cool stuff.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.