UnderGround Forums

TMA UnderGround >> Karate for suckerpunching?

10/9/04 9:20 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
IndianaBrandon
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09-Oct-04

I was thinking about Karate's origin. And how it was developed for peasents to kill armed samuria with one blow. And Ive noticed in MMA its not very effective because the blows are too telegraphed. But since Karate puts so much force and momentum in the strikes to break bricks and such. That it might be the hardest hitting of the martial arts. So Ive theorized that it might be the ultimate sucker punching art. Learn it. If someone pisses you off wait a few days. Get behind them somewhere(a checkout, restaraunt, bar)assume a horse stance, focus you chi, and waylay their ass from behind! Revenge is a dish best served cold.
10/11/04 7:46 AM
juszczec
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11-Oct-04
IndianaBrandon This has got to be a troll. But, what the hell, answering trolls ain't a bad way to pass the time. "I was thinking about Karate's origin. And how it was developed for peasents to kill armed samuria with one blow." You are wrong. Go read a history book. "And Ive noticed in MMA its not very effective because the blows are too telegraphed." If its telegraphed its being done wrong. "But since Karate puts so much force and momentum in the strikes to break bricks and such." Circus tricks. "That it might be the hardest hitting of the martial arts." Depends on the size/skill of the owner of the body doing the hitting. "assume a horse stance, focus you chi," Horse stance - training drill. Chi - IMNSHO the results blamed on "chi" come from relaxation, timing and experience. "and waylay their ass from behind!" Kind of Freudian, isn't this? Mark
10/11/04 10:25 AM
Willybone
376 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11-Oct-04 10:28 AM
There is no style that can equal Tjampur for sucker punching. This Indonesian art is focused solely on pre-meditated, pre-emptive striking of an opponent after distracting them with some pretense. So, you act all friendly-like, maybe hand him a girlie magazine or something, and then when he's distracted *BLAM* straight into the nuts. Consider also that many Indonesians still often carry an edged weapon on their person, and you can imagine how deadly this art can be.
After reading about this in "Weapons and fighting arts of the Indonesian archipelago", I've become convinced it is an art without equal. I've got the book right here, in fact. Would you like to take a peek?
Step closer.
Closer...
10/11/04 11:50 AM
IndianaBrandon

Where can I learn more about Tjampur? And Im right about the history of Karate. In Okinawa the Japanese conquered them and took their weapons. They developed Karate to fight back. But the Samuria where so tough that they had to find a way to kill with one strike, or by the use of a farm utensil (Tonfa, bo, etc.) So Karate was founded with suckerpunching roots. And not all breaking is a circus trick. Mas Oyama could break off horns of bulls. How do you fake that?
10/11/04 12:28 PM
Willybone
376 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Amazon - Weapons and fighting arts of the Indonesian archipelago

Good book.
5/6/05 2:39 PM
shadowboxchamp

Edited: 06-May-05
WRONG. A SUCKER for suckerpunching!
5/19/05 3:37 PM
FlashGordon2002

Edited: 19-May-05
If Karate could really kill Samurai in one blow, there'd be an Okinawan emperor sitting on the throne of Japan.
5/24/05 7:21 PM
Seul
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 24-May-05
You saw through part of the bull's horn to make it easier. You could also drug the bull a little to make it more docile. I bet your "Origin of karate" source is the early UFCs.
8/12/05 7:41 PM
SambokneeMachine

Edited: 12-Aug-05
"I was thinking about Karate's origin. And how it was developed for peasents to kill armed samuria with one blow. And Ive noticed in MMA its not very effective because the blows are too telegraphed." Yes, but today's MMA fighters do not wear armor. Armor slows one's movements. Thus you have an second or two more to concentrate a strong blow to a samurai's chest, than you do to hit some guy chasing you down in his undies.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.