UnderGround Forums

Colorado Underground >> anyone train at ColoradoBJJ?

10/13/04 5:38 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Shootozen
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 13-Oct-04

that's David Ruiz's place right? need to get back into it and I've heard some good things about him...being a Machado BB is a total plus- how is the school? how much? I called but no answer-
3/20/05 11:36 AM
buddie
249 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 20-Mar-05
AstroJetson is correct, I trained there for a brief stint when they were still Champion Martial arts BJJ and Muay Thai. Great, knowledgable instruction, but it did get frustrating from time to time because it felt like you had to really be responsible for getting things back on track, which as a student I don't want to have to do. I want to focus my energy on the program and have it laid out for me. But I will say that David Ruiz and Amal at Boulder BJJ are second to none in terms of quality instruction. buddie
4/5/05 1:14 AM
tapout10
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 05-Apr-05
Amal Easton is as good as they come! Heard some nice things about Ruiz as well.
5/16/08 6:46 PM
PrimeTimeFC

ttt
7/20/08 8:38 PM
customguards

I know the owners of Colorado BJJ and have done some mouth guards for them, they are an excellent camp. There are some goods one's in Colorado it just depends where your going. Since I'm training as a fighter I get to see most of the guys on the local circuit and before long CBJJ will have a few good one's coming out. It is definitely worth the stop.
7/20/08 8:39 PM
customguards

Don't forget there are 2 Ruiz camps in the Denver area.
6/25/13 9:21 PM
138 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Buddie, when did you train at Champion Martial Arts? That is where I started. Talk about a talented gym, Brad Gumm, Bang, Nate Marquardt, Oscar Martinez, Dave Ruiz, and a BUNCH of other guys trained there. I was only in high school but got to train with Bas Rutten when he was getting ready for Randleman! One of the best, and most terrifying experiences of my life. I am at Team Relson Gracie now, and we are coming up FAST. We have over 300 students in just over 2.5 years. Facilities in Brighton, Denver, and Littleton. Our Denver location is at Blunt Force Training Center, which is owned by one of our purple belts. Would love to train with you sometime! PM me your info man, would be great to talk to another former Champion Martial Arts guy!

Jason
6/26/13 11:08 AM
buddie
249 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I guess you only take pms from friends, so request sent. I had something else I was going to talk to you about oddly enough.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.