Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 18-Sep-06
ttt
9/19/06 8:42 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
sreiter

Edited: 19-Sep-06
had 3 different types of shots - had a actual nerve block in my SI today - seems like this one worked a little -
9/29/06 10:43 PM
GAME-DOG
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 29-Sep-06
they are looking to fuse c5&c6 c6&c7 on me and remove the vertebrate to replace with cadaver or metal plate. anyone have this done??
11/14/06 12:40 PM
BUFFGEO
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 14-Nov-06
ttt for sreiter
11/25/07 1:29 PM
BUFFGEO
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 25-Nov-07
ttt
11/25/07 2:27 PM
BJJSavate

Edited: 25-Nov-07
Its good to read your whole process here I just wondered if anyone has had to deal and train with foraminal stenosis? After a long time of major back, neck and shoulder pain (having to take off time from training for weeks at a time) an MRI showed severe stenosis of C6-7 and some moderate to severe in the lumbar. I'm now addicted to home traction. I found deadlifts, cleans are pretty scary. Sometimes rolling can be ok but some folks who my push on my head (or run a crossface for example) can really through my neck out and then I'm out of training for a couple of weeks.
12/14/07 9:46 PM
mataleo1
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 14-Dec-07
ttt
1/1/08 9:35 PM
HELWIG

Edited: 01-Jan-08
Sreiter wtf did you do man?
2/21/08 10:25 PM
BUFFGEO

Edited: 21-Feb-08
ttt for voltaire64
3/7/08 1:05 AM
Tommy Gunnz
116 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 07-Mar-08
ttt 4 later....just found out I herniated my C5 & C6 :(
3/18/08 1:08 PM
BUFFGEO

Edited: 18-Mar-08
^ damn sorry to hear it... but just to make ya feel better thats what i did and im fully recovered
3/19/08 12:08 PM
Bolo

Edited: 19-Mar-08
Here's a post just made today on my Q&A that I thought may be useful for some in regards to this problem: From: easternfighter Date: 03/19/08 09:02 AM Member Since: 04/19/2002 379 Total Posts Ignore User All right. Here it is. During rolling 8 weeks ago I injured my neck. Well, I thought nothing serious, I went through many injuries in past and this one looks pretty easy. Boy, I was wrong . Well, during couple of days, it went downward. Pain was terrible and I lost significant right arm strength/almost 80%/. There were also numbness and tingling from my right thumb alongside my right forearm, biceps , triceps and shoulder . I immediately visited neurologist and he said it has to do with my C5/C6 disk in my neck spine which put pressure on nerve there . Most probably it may be disc herniation ! I was scheduled to get MRI within 14 days, had to take some pain killers, relaxants ,....and another drugs. Of course at the same time, I immediately contacted my BJJ coach and MBF postural expert M. Jen in order to help me out. It was really serious situation and I had to act very fast. Geoff Gluckman /MBF founder / jumped in immediately and based on my scan pics , personal feeling,..etc. - created first aid menu for me. It kicked in right away. Pain relief was almost gone after just 3-4 days on postural menus ONLY!!!!! No pain killers or another shitty drugs! With drugs I really would have very difficult time to feel my body during exercises and get correct feedback if MBF stuff /menu /is correctly designed /too strong or too weak/ or need further modifications. In mean time, I got MRI scans too. After 3,5 weeks after injury I had another appointment with my neuro dude! When he saw my MRI scans he said it is very serious situation and most probably I will need neck surgery/cervical diskectomy or fusion/ On scans, disc was pretty herniated. But not ruptured! I said him, that my situation has drastically improved during last 2 weeks! He said really?? And I went through many strength, reflex and flexibility tests with him . He was literally shocked , when he saw my current status after such short time:) Base on my improvement and physical situation he quickly changes his mind and said that I will need no surgical treatment ! Well , it is really like "long distance" run, and most probably it will take from 6-8 months in order to heal it ? he said me!!!!. And nobody will guarantee you that it will work this way - he also added. But if it will get worse , we need to act quickly and set up neck fusion asap! Well, at that time I also sent my MRI scans to Geoff and when he saw that he just laughed and said with just MBF I will be fine!!!!! He with Bolo explained me that some muscle imbalances in my body caused certain unusual forces/pressure to placed on my disc which caused it to bulge out. It stays bulging out because those forces still exist. However, once the imbalances are decreased or removed, the forces are no longer there and the disc returns to it's normal position. Muscles were main reason for my dics herniation and muscles pull it back too! It is totally out of my neuro dude world I would say- unfortunately 4 weeks after serious disc herniation I was improving every day. The progress was brutal. Numbness was gone!! Just very slight tingling and that's it. My strength has been improving as well. I supposed I will need to stay out of impact activities like/ clinch, take downs, CM boxing ,...etc /for at least couple of months/ but I supposed as for isolating my BJJ game /with certain positions/ I will be fine within couple of weeks. Now, today its 8 weeks after my serious c5/6 neck injury. I once again visited my neuro dude just today. Well, he was totaly shocked. Through his reflexes and strength tests....I am almost completely /99%/ recovered! So my today neuro visit was last visit and neuro dude just shake his head in disbelief how its possible:) From his experience, he never ever experienced such ultra fast progress:) So my huge improvement and success is clearly based on MBF postural menus .I need to update it very frequently/every 7 days/ + work on menu 3 times a day/which in my situation means 1,5-2 hours daily specific exercising . After every 7 days my MBF menu programme lost its effectiveness and I am ready for new stuff. It really plays huge role as for recovering from acute injuries. My neck flexibility is 100% back in normal and I am totaly fine....I would say better then before injury. I just need to get cardio back:)in normal So this is huge success because serious neck herniation is not joke. It usually takes at least 6-8 months or more. I hope this success story inspires many "broken neck" guys out there:)
3/19/08 1:25 PM
BUFFGEO

that sounds intertesting, is there a website i can check that out at?? I ask because I have some cronic back pain last few years and it bothers my training. Also, ive heard many stories about people recovering from bulges because the disk is still intact... mine was already herniated and disc material was burst into the spinal fluid. Im wondering if there is something your MBF guys would have recommended for that situation or is it pretty much to far gone at that point? (that might be a silly question i dont know lol)
3/19/08 3:29 PM
Bolo

If the disc has ruptured and the inner "jelly" has come out, then you need surgery, however, MBF should then be applied after surgery.
3/19/08 5:19 PM
easternfighter

www.solution4pain.com :)
3/19/08 6:05 PM
Bolo

Easternfighter was diagnosed with bulging discs, stenosis, and nerve pressure. He was told by his MD that he need various injections and a titanium disc put in his neck. He told his MD that he wasn't going to do all that and in a month he was going to close to fully healed. The MD thought that would be impossible. Easternfighter was quite determined to prove the MD wrong and went back a month later and did exact that. In 2 months, he feels about 99% better. The funny thing is how he felt like his progress was so slow. I hope he reads some of these posts in which other people here seem to be taking years to get better and realizes that his progress was actually very fast.
3/20/08 6:52 AM
easternfighter

Edited: 20-Mar-08
yeah, I originaly felt the progress was very slow, However, based on my consultations with my neuro dude and especially after seeing really bad outcome on this forum /and on crossfit forum as well/I pretty much look at in differently now:)
4/25/08 9:15 PM
migel

Edited: Apr 25 2008 12:00A
I got dx with c 5-6 and for what I saw in the MRI c 6-7 was also on its way. that was about 3 years ago. got my purple belt shortly after. took a break, didnt want surgery. got better but everytime I started trainning again I would get the pain and numbness to the R arm and sometimes even to the left. I got very, very depressed and didnt train for about 2 years. had no s/s and I just started trainning again about 3 weeks ago. Very tired, techniques are a little slow but still there but I felt so good that I started trainning again... Yeap, now the s/s are back. I am seriously considering to get this thing done. Man, this is so depressing..
5/1/08 11:34 PM
DueceDroppin

ttt
12/9/08 12:16 AM
BUFFGEO

Hey, is this the same Bolo that just visited me in Fargo over the summer?

LOL
12/15/08 11:57 PM
Jbraswell

Thanks for keeping this thread up.
12/20/08 3:22 PM
rvboy

Wow the Herniation disc post is still going on! Still dealing with mine. It's now officially five years old. Pretty well 100 percent now. Still have tingling in fingers though. I'm convinced I'll live with the tingling for life now. However thankful I've got what I have.
12/21/08 4:57 PM
HELWIG

" However thankful I've got what I have."

Amen
12/22/08 1:10 AM
dojo stormer

been about 3 years for me now, still have the tingling in my fingers which have been there since i injured my neck.

neck is still sore and but bearable. no gi training is the worst for my neck but i try to train around my injury.

hey rvboy, what treatment are you doing in regards to your neck?

i don't really do anything for mine now, but i know i should but i've been frustrated in the little results that i've gotten with regards to my neck in its current situation ie. won't ever get back to 100% but i want less pain, aches, soreness, stiffness and more mobility.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.