UnderGround Forums

Hunting & Fishing Ground >> Deer taken near my father's farm

10/19/04 11:09 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Bull_in_chinashop
105 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 19-Oct-04 11:10 AM

Shane Stine

Stine makes a sure shot

By KAY KEYSER-SEDGMER

News Herald Managing Editor

Every hunter dreams of getting a trophy deer sometime in their life. And it didn't take 13-year-old Shane Stine long to achieve his dream.

The Harrison Junior High eighth grader was hunting on Sat., Oct. 9 when the "deer of his dreams" came into view. Poised and ready, the young hunter drew back his bow and hit the target. After field dressing his trophy, Shane, the son of Randy & Tena Stine of Freeport, checked the deer at Geno's Carryout in Tippecanoe. At that time the deer was rough scored by a loacal taxidermist and will qualify for Ohio big bucks and also Pope and Young. Shane's mother said the "beast" had a 20-inch sperad and a total of 21 points.

"Although this isn't Shane's first buck it is by far his largest," his mother said.

"Dad scared him out of the field and his was running right at me," the young hunter said. "It was about six in the evening and we were getting ready to head home. I didn't have time to get excited."

However, Shane did admit to being excited after he hit the deer. "I shot him in the neck and he went down," he said. "That's when I knew he wasn't a typical buck."

The father and son team knew there were bucks in the area they were hunting, but didn't realize the 21-pointer had been hanging out in the area. "We never saw this buck before," Shane noted. "We've saw some big deer not this one."

Shane says he enjoys hunting with his dad and all his family members.

He plans to have the trophy mounted and it will be displayed at the Ohio Deer and Turkey Expo in Columbus in March.

10/22/04 10:36 AM
Pretjah
834 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 22-Oct-04
holy mother of deers
10/22/04 3:35 PM
Bull_in_chinashop
105 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 22-Oct-04
I can't wait to move back home and get into those woods again!
1/25/05 12:37 PM
GaryG
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 25-Jan-05
Great experience for that young man. Good for him.
2/3/05 12:45 PM
PartsGuy
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03-Feb-05
nice buck

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.