UnderGround Forums

FilmmakerGround >> I am off to shoot this morning...

11/6/04 9:41 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Lynn@Renzos
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 06-Nov-04

Well, I am headed out now to shoot at Gleason's boxing gym for this doc that I'm working on. A few weeks ago, I shot in Lou Duva's gym in NJ and learned a ton about shooting in that type of environment regarding audio contamination. Have any of you guys conducted interviews in a gym environment? I'm going to run the audio a little diffently this time to see how it affects it. Anyone else shooting anything this weekend?
11/6/04 11:29 PM
DemonClown

Edited: 06-Nov-04
I'm shooting up, but I suppose that doesn't count. What sort of problems did you have with your sound during your first gym interview?
11/7/04 12:29 AM
Lynn@Renzos

Edited: 07-Nov-04
Just all of the sound going on in the background contaminating the interview. I used a shotgun mic on a boom overhead and still had a ton of bleedover. It was much better today since we shot in the office at Gleason's. I did get some in the ring shots of guys sparring. Tarver's opponent was there today sparring and I got to shoot that. This week is going to be a huge interview week.
11/7/04 2:30 AM
DemonClown

How many people do you have with you on a normal shooting day?
11/7/04 11:28 AM
Lynn@Renzos

Because of how we are shooting this doc, it is just my co-producer and me. We are a two man team on this one. We had a third person on one shoot but I decided to shift away from that and go back to just the tow of us and use stand mounted booms for the mics. It seems to work out pretty well.
11/22/04 10:49 AM
Lynn@Renzos

Edited: 22-Nov-04
ptm2020... I am running a boom overhead and splitting it across the two channels on my camera. The sound on the Panasonic DVX100 is great. I use a Seinheisser ME66 mic. In certain situations, I will run one overhead and a second ME66 on the camera.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.