UnderGround Forums

Chris Brennan >> need help cutting weight

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

11/10/04 3:03 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Miller
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10-Nov-04

I went into the doctor's office the other day because of what I thought was the flu at first.After sleeping for 4 days straight execpt for a combined 5 hours awake during that period I need to get back on my training schedule and get ready for my next fight. I have 18 days to cut 15 lbs.The doctor told me I need to drink more water and I told her I drink two gallons a night.She told me I needed more salt and I told her I used plenty and after some blood work they don't know what is wrong.Could be diabetes,they're not sure. I've been trying to get this fight for years and it is one of the last of my career and I really need to make the weight in 18 days and would be willing to try almost anything.Any advice is appreciated.
11/10/04 3:27 AM
Miller
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

We wrestled against another school in high school and one of their guys was using laxatives to cut the last 2 lbs.When Jason Reigger went for a high crotch the guy shit his pants and it ran down his leg.Jason won needless to say.I'd rather not go out like that
11/10/04 9:52 AM
WestsideStrangler
81 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

With the things you said in the email I would be especially careful. Are the weigh-ins the day before at least?
11/10/04 10:17 PM
Miller

no,they are about 3 hours before the fight.If they were the day before this would be a lot easier
11/10/04 11:34 PM
WestsideStrangler
81 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You need to do almost all but maybe 3 lbs by diet. If you cut more water then that you will be in bad shape. OG to my site and go to MMA Training and click on nutrition and I would do the 155 diet if possible to get down. You should also be doing your cardio first thing in the morning and then again at night before bed. At least an hour a day.
11/11/04 10:46 AM
Miller

Edited: 11-Nov-04
Thanks for teh advice Chris.Unfortunately after thinking long and hard about it for a couple of days I am going to have to pull out of the fight until I get my health back
11/11/04 5:13 PM
howsyourhead

Edited: 11-Nov-04
Thats for surethe best thing to do man. Nothing is worth more then your good health, especially if you have diabetes, that sucks. Your doing the right thing. At least wait to see what swrong with you first, it sounds like you are in bad shape. Get some rest and get better. Peace

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.