UnderGround Forums

Enson Inoue >> Contacting Baret Yoshida

11/11/04 9:13 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
jonpall
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11-Nov-04

Does anyone know if Baret Yoshida has an email address or posts regularly on some forum so I could drop him a message? Thanks in advance, jonpall.
11/11/04 1:08 PM
Enson1967

Edited: 11-Nov-04
He posts here every so often so maybe he will see this.
11/13/04 10:20 PM
jonpall

Edited: 13-Nov-04
Thank you for your time, Enson. I just wanted to ask Baret, or you, about the armbar from the guard. Both of you are good with this move. The question is about the "high guard", aka. "crooked guard" or "pit stop". The high guard is when you have put one of your legs on top of your opponent's shoulder in preperation for an armbar. I believe that you did that to Royce Alger, actually. This is the question: It would really mean much to me if you could answer the following question: Which one of the following 2 methods of going to the high guard is GENERALLY a) more high percentage, b) more difficult to counter and c) works on bigger opponent's as well as people my own size: Method 1: Put a foot on the hip and the other leg high in the armpit. Spin and put your leg on the shoulder. Method 2: Push (or "dig") with your heels on his back, "walking" your legs higher and higher up his back until one of your leg is over a shoulder. You should preferably try to spin a bit while doing this "walk". In this method you don't put a foot on the hip and you often go to the high guard in one quick step. I belive that both these methods are called "walking" to high guard, actually. I've seen the latter method MUCH more often in grappling and MMA competitions, but the first method is more often taught, it seems. Regards, jonpall.
11/29/04 5:45 AM
jonpall

Edited: 29-Nov-04
ttt
11/30/04 5:17 AM
andrewwa

Edited: 30-Nov-04
Jonpall, If you shoot me an e-mail I can put in touch with Baret. Contact me at TaipeiBJJ@hotmail.com Andy Wang Taipei BJJ Academy

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.