UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Inside Info Gannon x Kimbo

9/13/09 1:50 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
barbarino
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"I dont think kimbo lost because he was beatup but he was just way to winded. "

So I guess better conditioning shouldnt matter, A lot of wins mean nothing then. kimbo is a work, fraud, hip hop thug gimmick
9/13/09 1:52 AM
Dane Oss

Just noticed kenny posted this just after tuf filimg was finished, he was on the verge of being a star when he posted this.
9/13/09 1:56 AM
LukeCranson
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

does kenflo still post here?
9/13/09 2:37 AM
joemama

barbarino - "I dont think kimbo lost because he was beatup but he was just way to winded. "

So I guess better conditioning shouldnt matter, A lot of wins mean nothing then. kimbo is a work, fraud, hip hop thug gimmick

hey man you leave hp hop out
9/13/09 2:39 AM
Lord Kancho
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This incident led to one of my several bannings. After the Kimbo / Gannon brawl I typed a short post explaining why it would probably be a bad thing for Gannon in the long run. My main point was that it would hype him up and get him in the big show before he was ready for it. Then he fought Hinkle, lost, and I remember thinking some mod was a douche for deleting a well-written, level headed post.
9/13/09 2:48 AM
madmav
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

joemama - kenny met kimbo thursday

yeah that was must have been strange.
9/13/09 3:02 AM
Alabama Man
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i haven't seen that in forever. that was awesome.
9/13/09 4:03 AM
Lynn Marie

Lord Kancho - I remember thinking some mod was a douche for deleting a well-written, level headed post.
9/13/09 5:31 AM
SinCityHustler

barbarino - "I dont think kimbo lost because he was beatup but he was just way to winded. "

Jeez the guy is merely giving his take on what he thinks the reason Kimbo lost is.  What's so wrong with that?  What is it with the insecurity complexes on this board? 

My honest assessment is that Kimbo dished out more damage, (Gannon was hospitalized for a few days if I recall correctly, while Kimbo was partying at the club with multiple hoes) and Gannon had the heart to stay in there and keep fighting until Kimbo gassed out.  Can't we all clearly see that on the tape? 

There was another thread back when the fight took place.  I've never seen this thread until tonight.  That other one had lots more posts with those of us who ordered it and watched it on line giving the play by play and our reaction.  That night I was pulling for Kimbo and thought he did great.  Gannon won me over as a fan instantly with his heart and will to stay in there no matter how messed up his face was getting.  Today I respect Gannon on these boards and think he's a pretty solid guy, (even though he's a cop) based on the opinions he gives on his posts. 

Lets all keep in mind that Gannon gave major props to Kimbo for his effort and toughness.  Not sure why so many people take it so personal and allow their insecurities to come out in such negative ways on this thread/these boards. 
9/13/09 7:32 AM
Cheggers
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I remember seeing that vid before i had even heard of the UG.

Gannon, you Sir, are a warrior.

Great to see Kenny's posts...shame some of these guys got run off here.
9/13/09 9:49 AM
gastt

This thread brings some perspective on the latest episode of mma live.
9/17/09 5:09 PM
krept
74 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

IIRC, one fucked up thing about this was after the fight, some people tried to get Gannon in trouble by writing/calling up his department, saying one of their officers was involved in an illegal fight. Could have been fiction, but I remember talk about this.

One of the cool things... a guy from Kimbo's crew wore a suit that was made from alligator or crocodile skin. One of Gannon's guys complimented him and he said thanks and it was the first time he got to wear it because it was too hot in Miami.
9/17/09 5:43 PM
Diaz 3:16
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

krept - 

One of the cool things... a guy from Kimbo's crew wore a suit that was made from alligator or crocodile skin. One of Gannon's guys complimented him and he said thanks and it was the first time he got to wear it because it was too hot in Miami.

FUCKING LOL
9/17/09 7:37 PM
supersaiyan

damn...somone bumped dis old ass thread??!! lol oh well
9/17/09 8:04 PM
BullyKiller
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt amazing!
9/17/09 9:35 PM
G-Hands
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09/18/09 2:34 AM
Ha. I remember buying the internet video of this fight the day it happened...

I don't remember if it was live or delayed a few hours, but I remember the rest clear as day... sitting in my office after hours watching the nice quality video and wincing at the slaps of bare knuckle against face.

Awesome UG history.

Also within a few months of this incident (before or after) is the epic UG beef between Hermes Franca & Manny Reyes Jr that ended with Hermes beating the tar outta dude for $1. lol
9/17/09 10:35 PM
HULKSMASH

Ahhhhh... A timeless classic!
9/17/09 10:39 PM
The Sultan
118 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I missed
9/17/09 10:52 PM
annihil8torz

Wasn't Joe Lauzon there at the actual fight?
9/18/09 12:04 AM
Smith1234
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT.

And back then no threads made it past a couple pages.
9/18/09 1:15 AM
SOO72

G-Hands - Also within a few months of this incident (before or after) is the epic UG beef between Hermes Franca & Manny Reyes Jr that ended with Manny beating the tar outta dude for $1. lol

I think you meant to type that Franca beat the tar out of Manny for $1, since that's what happened. KO'd him with hammer fists IIRC
9/18/09 2:38 AM
G-Hands
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^^^ Yup. Typo.

Hermes ended him with hammer fists in less than a minute, and then that shit-talkin prick manny needed oxygen in the ring.

PRICELESS!!!
9/18/09 2:48 AM
OG Triple

i wish i was here for that
9/18/09 2:49 AM
jmig
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DirtyArmbar - never knew ken flo was somewhat involved with this thats hilarious
9/18/09 3:21 AM
MolsonMuscles
90 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good times.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.