UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Inside Info Gannon x Kimbo

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

7/14/10 2:35 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
The Hyena
109 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I need results OR what happened,

ps yo G-hands good typ-o !!! lol
7/14/10 3:14 AM
AC Slater
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Classic. KenFlo giving live details as he gets them from some dude texting him LOL. Happened before he even fought Sanchez, kinda interesting.
7/14/10 3:53 AM
KirikMyName!
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wow, very surreal reading this thread. I remember reading this very same thread when it was going down live. At the time, I had no idea who "kenflo" was.
7/14/10 4:04 AM
Terraform
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Awesome!
7/14/10 4:57 AM
TravisSB

Epic. Amazing how things turned out 5 years later.
7/14/10 9:32 AM
Kneeblock
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Amazing to think that that was so long ago.
7/14/10 11:14 AM
Telamon
45 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Who would have thought that Kimbo's lose against Sean would lead to him one day being on Nickelodeon and other mainstream shows. He goes from fighting slugs in dogshit filled backyards to losing to his first good oponent to being a Yahoo celeb.
7/14/10 11:20 AM
crazydave
291 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Old school.
7/14/10 11:27 AM
SKARHEAD
58 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LOL @ all the angry douchebags who HAAAAAATED Kimbo right from the very start and wanted nothing more than to see him destroyed and "exposed"....There's nothing Kimbo could have ever done to sway them. Even if he had a belt now they would still be hating on him relentlessly....and LOL @ everyone getting all bent out of shape about the standard bareknuckle boxing rules acting all pissed because Kimbo, an untrained street brawler, didn't want to play the butterfly guard game.
7/14/10 11:31 AM
sparkyman
83 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wow, I can't believe this was almost 6 years ago. I need a life outside of mma.tv.
7/14/10 12:05 PM
tjmitch
427 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

so in the 6 years since this happened...kimbo still has zero ground game.
7/14/10 12:17 PM
BigWilliam
416 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Zero ground game, bad cardio and bad stand up.
7/14/10 1:16 PM
rkjmd

ttt for history!
7/14/10 2:32 PM
SecondBase
176 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Blast from the past.
7/14/10 2:50 PM
Barocked Armbama
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Why doesn't Kenny post on here anymore?

I'm from Miami and I was around when Kimbo would fight in the streets and would hear about it all the time. His first fight was in Perrine. Kenny is not from the streets, which I'm sure is the only way to hear about street fighting, but since Gannon is from Masachusetts, that is prob the only reason kenny was involved.
7/14/10 3:19 PM
dudley
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I remember watching that fight live (i think?) and wondering what was keeping Gannon standing,the smacking sound of some of those punches sent a shiver up my spine.
7/14/10 7:35 PM
GaGas Soldier

TTT
7/15/10 4:42 PM
supersaiyan

sparkyman -  Wow, I can't believe this was almost 6 years ago. I need a life outside of mma.tv.

lol
7/15/10 5:00 PM
Legend of Lee Murray

This is wild...I wish there was more of this on the UG...Gannon is a beast..I wonder how this is going to weigh on the BPD when word get's out or show's up to his shift with a few cuts and bruises!
7/16/10 4:40 PM
nowaydo
136 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt
7/24/10 7:49 AM
BassAssassin
45 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

supersaiyan - 
sparkyman -  Wow, I can't believe this was almost 6 years ago. I need a life outside of mma.tv.

lol

i actually paid for the cd i think it was $5
7/24/10 8:51 AM
FLICKFACE
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

that fight was at my gym, and it was one of the most intense experiences of my life. totaly different than an MMA fight in intensity.
7/24/10 11:02 AM
Swock Sucker
1054 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FLICKFACE -  that fight was at my gym, and it was one of the most intense experiences of my life. totaly different than an MMA fight in intensity.

talk about it, if you would be so kind. i remember thinking at the time about if something could really go down in the gyms i had trained in.

i'd be interested in your take at the time

-MM
7/24/10 12:05 PM
FLICKFACE
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Swock Sucker - 
FLICKFACE -  that fight was at my gym, and it was one of the most intense experiences of my life. totaly different than an MMA fight in intensity.

talk about it, if you would be so kind. i remember thinking at the time about if something could really go down in the gyms i had trained in.

i'd be interested in your take at the time

-MM
well.... i knew sean from the New England mma scene, and i used to coach no-gi at Sityodtong. basically he asked me to hold the fight at my gym in Rhode Island to avoid any problems with the Mass boxing commish.  I said no prob, i saw it as doing my part for mma.  Kimbo had been saying that he would fight anyone that wasn't a pro boxer, basically saying that everyone else was not tough enough.  

before the fight, my mat space was wide open and inviting, so i built a sturdy knee wall on the open side and tried to get as much matting on the wall as possible. 

the night of the fight, (i think it was a monday) i pick up Kimbo and his crew and we head to my gym. we get there and everyone goes off to the side,  Gannon and his crew show up and go to a back room to get ready. the two opposing camps meet in my office and finalize the rules, no kicking, no wrestling, 30 sec count IIRC.  Kimbo took the mat first, then someone (maybe lance) went and got Sean.

Sean walks onto the mat, no shake, no formalities, not even "let's do this".  Straight into the fight.  

let me re-watch the fight to spark my memory and i will come back to this later. and let me know if you have any questions.
7/24/10 12:15 PM
G-Hands
67 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^^^ Awesome to hear these details. Can't believe almost 6yrs went so fast... I remember paying $9.99 to see this. & Like a prior poster said, I remember the loud 'slaps' of fist meeting flesh.

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.