UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Inside Info Gannon x Kimbo

7/24/10 12:55 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Jason Franklin
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Legend of Lee Murray - This is wild...I wish there was more of this on the UG...Gannon is a beast..I wonder how this is going to weigh on the BPD when word get's out or show's up to his shift with a few cuts and bruises!

Which TUF got you interested in MMA?
7/24/10 2:41 PM
supersaiyan
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Legend of Lee Murray - This is wild...I wish there was more of this on the UG...Gannon is a beast..I wonder how this is going to weigh on the BPD when word get's out or show's up to his shift with a few cuts and bruises!

hmm 2010 join date tells me everything here.

Murray this is OLD ass news being discussed ..all this happened about a year or two after i joined the site...back then it was "mixed martial arts.com" back in 2002. if anything the incident actually benefitted MMA in a wild twist if u ask me lol!

i appreciate the event taking place - although at the time i was thinking the showdown would and couldve gotten ugly
REAL FAST with unpredictable outcome including death/deaths. ANYTHING couldve happened as it was risk on Kimbos side just as much as GAnnons. I am glad for the most part things were civilized to a degree of everyones welfare being in good status after all said n done.

OVErall it was a historical fight for mma as a whole despite the "illegal" aspect of the event since it was not a sanctioned fight but underground-- it was good for the sport..they are 2 heroes in my book :)
7/24/10 2:52 PM
FitchFan

FLICKFACE -  Kimbo had been saying that he would fight anyone that wasn't a pro boxer, basically saying that everyone else was not tough enough.  

That is classic, never knew that. So basically he was cool to be the badass guy who would throw hands with anyone who was NOT a pro boxer? lol, puts his whole early 2000's era into a bit better focus.
7/24/10 2:53 PM
Smith1234
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^^ For some reason several years ago the new people lurcked a while before even joining, let alone posting a lot and let alone making threads on top of that.

Now there are so many new posters and so many of them start bad threads, build a fast post count, etc.
7/24/10 3:14 PM
KidJustice
186 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Classic thread!
7/24/10 3:24 PM
thforklift
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Smith1234 - ^^ For some reason several years ago the new people lurcked a while before even joining, let alone posting a lot and let alone making threads on top of that.

Now there are so many new posters and so many of them start bad threads, build a fast post count, etc.
Hahahahaha nicely put.

7/24/10 3:43 PM
Oddessa
57 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Oddessa
KidJustice -  Classic thread!

7/29/10 10:47 AM
RickRude
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 07/29/10 10:50 AM
what's Gannon's screen name?  

edit: found it
7/29/10 12:09 PM
wrongaboutVitali
50 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Weren't Kimbo and his crew close to leaving because Gannon was taking a shit before the fight, making them wait? I seem to remember someone saying that back in the day. LOL.
7/29/10 1:31 PM
SKARHEAD
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FitchFan - 
FLICKFACE -  Kimbo had been saying that he would fight anyone that wasn't a pro boxer, basically saying that everyone else was not tough enough.  

That is classic, never knew that. So basically he was cool to be the badass guy who would throw hands with anyone who was NOT a pro boxer? lol, puts his whole early 2000's era into a bit better focus.

Uh...how is that exactly ??...He was a street level bareknuckle boxer who has never actually trained in boxing in his life....Why on Earth would he be challenging pro boxers who have been doing this their entire life ???

DUH !

His challenge was simply a challenge to street level tough guys JUST LIKE HIMSELF...and he took all comers.

Oh yeah....DUH !
7/29/10 1:33 PM
SKARHEAD
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Stryker89 - TTT for 15 mins of interwebz fame and nothing after
Which is FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR more in terms of fame, money, and life experience than you will EVER do in your life...EVER...Dude came from literally nothing, became an internet sensation overnight and went on to be on TUF and fight in both Strikeforce AND the UFC.....Have fun talking shit from behind your computer screen douche.
7/29/10 1:34 PM
SKARHEAD

...I meant Elite XC, not Strikeforce.
7/29/10 3:59 PM
MattBenwa
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Was was an historic MMA.tv event right there - was glad I was there to see it!
7/29/10 6:19 PM
supersaiyan

SKARHEAD - 
Stryker89 - TTT for 15 mins of interwebz fame and nothing after
Which is FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR more in terms of fame, money, and life experience than you will EVER do in your life...EVER...Dude came from literally nothing, became an internet sensation overnight and went on to be on TUF and fight in both Strikeforce AND the UFC.....Have fun talking shit from behind your computer screen douche.

sounds about right to me not to mention movie roles...this guys set for life its sickening and all was by freaking accident lol!!
7/29/10 7:13 PM
mrzipplokk
401 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 07/29/10 7:28 PM
 This was the shit. Legend.

I've always been curious why the seconds allowed Kimbo's fat bastards to interfere.

7/29/10 8:20 PM
JonnySweats
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I remember watching this on the net not long after it happened. It was clear that Gannon had far superior boxing, if he hadn't gassed he would of finished Kimbo much earlier.
Lol at the constant changing of the rules by the kimbo team, I half expected them to shout "no head-shots allowed" at one point
12/23/10 8:27 PM
UnzippedAndMcCorkh0led
401 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

With adrenaline flowing, I want to know how it didn't turn into one huge donnybrooke ?
12/23/10 9:10 PM
goggs2009

Kenflo still post?
12/23/10 9:25 PM
RickRude
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

props to anyone who would go toe 2 toe BARE KNUCKLE with a beast like Kimbo... Phone Post
12/25/10 2:40 AM
Steamfitter

Monstersball why did the feel the need to bump a thread that is 6 years old?
12/25/10 3:25 AM
SheerPerfection

Steamfitter - Monstersball why did the feel the need to bump a thread that is 6 years old?

Seems to me that plenty of people enjoyed reminiscing about this. The better question is why THE FUCK did you post in a 6 year old thread just to ask that?
12/25/10 3:28 AM
inf0
321 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^^^ nice and agreed

thanks for bumping this beast MB

12/25/10 3:34 AM
sgotwalks
1345 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fantastic bump, and KenFlo being the OP is interesting too.
12/25/10 5:39 AM
SpennyBenny
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Man KenFlo used to post here? This thread is Gold. Thanks MB Phone Post
12/25/10 5:49 AM
Devlin
85 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SheerPerfection - 
Steamfitter - Monstersball why did the feel the need to bump a thread that is 6 years old?

Seems to me that plenty of people enjoyed reminiscing about this. The better question is why THE FUCK did you post in a 6 year old thread just to ask that?

this, and ttt

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.