UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Inside Info Gannon x Kimbo

12/26/10 2:31 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Fightin_Chance
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

this is mma legend! fucking awesome!
12/26/10 2:36 AM
jarredmercado
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JonnySweats - I remember watching this on the net not long after it happened. It was clear that Gannon had far superior boxing, if he hadn't gassed he would of finished Kimbo much earlier.
Lol at the constant changing of the rules by the kimbo team, I half expected them to shout "no head-shots allowed" at one point

Really? I thought opposite. I thought Kimbo clearly had the superior boxing landing cleaner harder punches that appeared to cause more damage to Gannon. Gannon appeared to be a more well rounded overall fighter ie conditioning, knees, submissions etc. I would say under the boxing only rules that kimbo would have been the victor if he did not gas.
12/26/10 2:45 AM
John Clarke
37 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

jarredmercado - 
JonnySweats - I remember watching this on the net not long after it happened. It was clear that Gannon had far superior boxing, if he hadn't gassed he would of finished Kimbo much earlier.
Lol at the constant changing of the rules by the kimbo team, I half expected them to shout "no head-shots allowed" at one point

Really? I thought opposite. I thought Kimbo clearly had the superior boxing landing cleaner harder punches that appeared to cause more damage to Gannon. Gannon appeared to be a more well rounded overall fighter ie conditioning, knees, submissions etc. I would say under the boxing only rules that kimbo would have been the victor if he did not gas.

10ers gon 10, son. Boxing has many dimensions including stamina, combinations, ability to adjust, footwork, etc.

This was not modern Peter McNeely boxing rules. For starters, You're aware there was a 30 count....
12/26/10 2:53 AM
NorthFromHere
304 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gold Jerry
12/26/10 3:46 AM
SinCityHustler

jarredmercado - 

I tend to agree.  He had good head movement and was game.  You don't see that in MMA much any more.  Gannon had a very good game plan.  He went to the body often and looked to wear out Slice.  it worked.  Gannon looked deformed but credit to him for out lasting Kimbo Slice.  
12/26/10 3:53 AM
jarredmercado

Edited: 12/26/10 3:55 AM
<blockquote>John Clarke - <blockquote>jarredmercado - <blockquote>JonnySweats - I remember watching this on the net not long after it happened. It was clear that Gannon had far superior boxing, if he hadn't gassed he would of finished Kimbo much earlier. <br />Lol at the constant changing of the rules by the kimbo team, I half expected them to shout "no head-shots allowed" at one point</blockquote><br /><br />Really? I thought opposite. I thought Kimbo clearly had the superior boxing landing cleaner harder punches that appeared to cause more damage to Gannon. Gannon appeared to be a more well rounded overall fighter ie conditioning, knees, submissions etc. I would say under the boxing only rules that kimbo would have been the victor if he did not gas.</blockquote><br /><br />10ers gon 10, son. Boxing has many dimensions including stamina, combinations, ability to adjust, footwork, etc.<br /><br />This was not modern Peter McNeely boxing rules. For starters, You're aware there was a 30 count....</blockquote><br /><br />

John, at least come up with an original thought if you are going to mock.

You are biased i get that but please dont undermine yourself in the process.

The poster i responded to said Gannon would have knocked out kimbo if gannon did not gas out. It appeared kimbo was doing more damage when both men were fresh. You can rattle off a number of skills that are used by boxers but that does not mean they were showcased in this street fight. I acknowledged gannon has the superior stamina, and the overall skillset. He is incredibly tough and was able to absorb a ton of punishment to win the fight.
12/26/10 3:55 AM
SinCityHustler

Anyone know what the weight difference was?  Gannon looked a lot bigger than Kimbo, yet took a horrible beating.  Kudos to Sean for hanging in there and outlasting Slice.  
12/26/10 4:44 AM
Non N00B
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I was telling my cousin earlier about old ass posts on here back in 04 when this went down, and it's funny to just stumble across this thread. Hah.
12/26/10 5:51 AM
YourHeadOnSpork

Didn't expect to bump into this thread ever lol, awesome bit of history.
12/26/10 8:02 AM
charms434
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Whoa dickhead if u read the post I said specifically I wasn't there Phone Post
12/26/10 8:08 AM
charms434
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wow now I'm fucking pissed. If u read my post I said I WAS NOT there secondly it was either in or near RI. and latter I went to Boston Beer Works. So either u r an elitist bitch. Or can suck my dick. I think I have a pretty good non troll name here so don't shit on me when u have no reading skill. God u pissed me off. Phone Post
12/26/10 8:11 AM
charms434

Wow now I'm pissed. If u read my post I said I WAS NOT there secondly it was either in or near RI. and latter I went to Boston Beer Works. So either u r an elitist . I think I have a pretty good non troll name here so don't shit on me when u have no reading skill. God u pissed me off. THERE MOD I CLEANED IT UP. I HAVE A RIGHT TO RESPOND. CHEERS Phone Post
12/26/10 8:20 AM
FRANKYFINGEREDMYSTANKY
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

charms434 -  Wow now I'm fucking pissed. If u read my post I said I WAS NOT there secondly it was either in or near RI. and latter I went to Boston Beer Works. So either u r an elitist bitch. Or can suck my dick. I think I have a pretty good non troll name here so don't shit on me when u have no reading skill. God u pissed me off. Phone Post

dude you said that you got there late and weren't allowed in...... that someone told you where to go..... that is not me being an elitist, that was me catching you in a lie. As far as me being an elitist bitch......IT WAS AT MY GYM!!!!! not where I work out, not where my kids train, my gym. So get pissed if you want, it won't make your statement any more true.  You should lie about being there when Kennedy was shot next, maybe that will work for you.
12/26/10 9:04 AM
thefightingsheep
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nice bump for one of the most important fights in Internet history.
12/26/10 9:06 AM
charms434

Dude on my Mothers eyes I left Somerville boxing club went to Meet my friend at the old Tabs in union sq. It was 1 of the few bars that showed mma at the time. I asked where he was and they told me where and what exit to get off.I know it was either near RI or before because it's where I used to take my mother to Dyalisis. When I got there everything was finished. Not sure y u think I saw the fight (I'm sure u will ask me what your gym looks like I could prob find pics on google and lie but I really don't remember) I left went to beer works. I don't kno what else to tell u. I'm a grown man and being the cool kid at the it fight isn't what I'm reaching for at this stage of my life. But yea that's it. I guess u could pm me for my real name and people around our neck of the woods would tell u 'for a boxing guy' I'm ok. But to clarify .. I was at the Kennedy assassination. Anyway happy holidays. Phone Post
12/26/10 9:20 AM
Oddessa
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Oddessa
 Always liked Gannon..  Super person by all accounts. Kinda guy I'd want as a friend.
12/26/10 9:30 AM
Mr_Quail

wrongaboutVitali - Weren't Kimbo and his crew close to leaving because Gannon was taking a shit before the fight, making them wait? I seem to remember someone saying that back in the day. LOL.

Trolololol
12/26/10 9:31 AM
SKARHEAD
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Great historic fight...We all know the outcome, but everyone also noted that Kimbo was completely UNtrained and UN conditioned coming into this and did take the larger, heavier, conditioned, MMA/ Golden Gloves boxing trained/seasoned Gannon to the limit and sent him to the hospital looking like the Toxic Avenger/Sloth from the Goonies love child and eating through a straw....The Kimbo that trashed Tank Abbott would have murdered gannon under these rules if they met.
12/26/10 9:59 AM
Bry Bry

^^no he wouldnt..Kimbo was very good at bareknuckle rules boxing but once he started training MMA, it seemed to weaken the strongest part of his skillset, his hands...Gannon would do alot of clinching with kimbo if they fought mma and it would go in his favor.kimbo would lose..Kimbo sucked as an mma fighter..
12/26/10 10:01 AM
Oddessa
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/26/10 10:01 AM
Oddessa
SKARHEAD - The Kimbo that trashed Tank Abbott would have murdered gannon under these rules if they met.

but they wont... no second chances...

Gannon is forever cemented as the original man to bring down the internet sensation!!!

If there were Ghetto Holiwood Stars of Fame...Gannons fists would have claim to one... in Dade County.

...not to take anything away from Kimbo...guy made mucho paper with minimal skills...and afterall  fightings a bizness..

props 
12/26/10 11:05 AM
KC007

Good read Phone Post
12/26/10 11:31 AM
Hired Gun
365 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm glad the bum was sent back to the boatyard.
12/26/10 1:00 PM
SinCityHustler

SKARHEAD - Great historic fight...We all know the outcome, but everyone also noted that Kimbo was completely UNtrained and UN conditioned coming into this and did take the larger, heavier, conditioned, MMA/ Golden Gloves boxing trained/seasoned Gannon to the limit and sent him to the hospital looking like the Toxic Avenger/Sloth from the Goonies love child and eating through a straw....The Kimbo that trashed Tank Abbott would have murdered gannon under these rules if they met.
Pretty difficult to argue with that.  

12/26/10 2:27 PM
Hired Gun
365 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Daniel Carver - 
Hired Gun - I'm glad the bum was sent back to the boatyard.

Voted down for fighter bashing

LOL about Scambo being a fighter. The guy was brought into the sport by a shady promoter given more credit than ANY fighter without accomplishing anything. TUF Noobs and fan boys made this fool out to be the next coming. He gets one of the best people in the world to trane with in Bas and blows it for not having a good work ethic. So vote me down all you want but calling it fighter bashing is more laughable than the "Former King of the Hobo League's" career.
12/26/10 2:38 PM
SinCityHustler

Hired Gun - 
Daniel Carver - 
Hired Gun - I'm glad the bum was sent back to the boatyard.

Voted down for fighter bashing

LOL about Scambo being a fighter. The guy was brought into the sport by a shady promoter given more credit than ANY fighter without accomplishing anything. TUF Noobs and fan boys made this fool out to be the next coming. He gets one of the best people in the world to trane with in Bas and blows it for not having a good work ethic. So vote me down all you want but calling it fighter bashing is more laughable than the "Former King of the Hobo League's" career.
Gannon himself will tell you that not only is Kimbo a fighter, he's got a ton of heart and tough as hell.  You might not like him, perhaps you've done more than he has, but there's no denying he's game as heck, especially to get in there against guys much better than him. I don't do it often, but I have to vote yo down for fighter bashing as well.  

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.